Safest way to buy

Dredd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

https://weaponcrates.com/gb

It's barely functional.  No filtering or sorting by weapon type, price, date, delivery options, or anything else.  You can't even see how old adverts are.  Some of them are greyed out, but if you click on them they still appear to be active, so what does that even mean?  It's like the site's fallen through a timewarp from 1998 - all it's missing are the "under construction" animated gifs. :lol:

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

Hey guys I bought a rif off weaponscrates last night when I tried to go through ' Shield' it asked me to put in my billing details which I did about 10 times and it kept saying ' whoops something has gone wrong' so in the end I sent the money goods and services through Paypal, hopefully the rif will turn up and shield will turn itself to unshielded 

Fingers crossed for you, Dredd.

Did you contact the seller first?  I rather suspect that a lot of the listings on there are abandonware.

• Supporters

I have purchased off of Weaponcrates with no issues. The website has just been updated/changed so it still has its niggles, in fact if you search the forums you'll find their start up page.

Its just like buying from these forums.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Prisce said:

Its just like buying from these forums.

With an escrow charge.

I do wish whomever is behind it well, it's a decent idea and I hope the site and service improve.

But as it stands I'd use it only as a way to get in touch with a seller and buy directly from them.  The value of an escrow service is that you can trust it rather than the seller.  An undocumented service from an anonymous entity that you couldn't meaningfully hold to account isn't worth the price of the paper that the non-contract isn't written on.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Why do I keep reading “prefired” as “Pre-fried” :)

You buy one pre-fried gun from there, and 20 minutes later you're hungry for another.

Hey guys my parcel arrived today which I bought from weaponscrates, tbh I've been a nervous wreck waiting to see if it turned up but tbh the guy I dealt with had been in touch each day and also before I paid he made sure he took my ukara etc... overall I'm chuffed to bits with the service he provided 

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Hey guys my parcel arrived today which I bought from weaponscrates, tbh I've been a nervous wreck waiting to see if it turned up but tbh the guy I dealt with had been in touch each day and also before I paid he made sure he took my ukara etc... overall I'm chuffed to bits with the service he provided

I'm glad it all worked out for you! Looks like a nice rifle. You may not want to post your full postal address though.....maybe take that last picture down?

16 hours ago, Dredd said:

Hey Albiscuit that dog in the background is a known killer :)

he looks it, but tell him next time he uses that Stihl he needs eye pro!!

Archived