The Beginners Guide to Airsoft

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Thats right- worship me noobs :P Joking, but seriously im just glad it helps :)

Well a little respect if not worship is in order :) As a new airsoft player, I had picked up most of the advice on there but it had taken a lot more reading around and this was a really concise guide. So good work and thanks ...

Some thoughts:

Guns, I would suggest replacing the images with the 2 tone variants as most new players will be on IF to start with. Good space to offer some re-assurance on buying a 2 tone and not being laughed off the field as you start out.

Magazines, nice description of the 3 types. May be worth an explanation on why you might want low caps and advantages of mid v high etc. Merge in some info from the post above yours on mags as you both have good stuff.

Batteries, one of my areas of confusion as there seem to be multiple adapters (plugs), shapes, etc. Personally happy with what nicad, nimh, lipo are but this a space for more info when you have time.

As for rest all seemed good solid advice (as did stuff above just had some thoughts reading as a newbe).

• 3 months later...
For glasses ESS ice 2.4, or 3.0 both are brilliant and not too expensive.

ESS_ICE_2.4.jpg

Another interesting point is that ESS Ice's can be adapted easily to carry prescription lenses, great for the glasses wearers amongst us.

• 1 month later...

Marcus, I have finally read your whole post yet I fail to see anything on shotguns or other secondarys?

As I am sure you are aware I have no pistol but instead use a shotgun as my secondary mainly because I don't have to buy gas or batteries.

Just thought you'd like to know :D

tbh, even pistols are a waste for newer players, If you're new, i'd completely advise against having a sidearm

haha! changing your mind are we?

but to be fair some new players do want the whole lot

fair enough, they're good if your site has a CQB area like a killhouse and you have a M16 or AK47

• Supporters
fair enough, they're good if your site has a CQB area like a killhouse and you have a M16 or AK47

have you used an m16 in cqb? I loved it when I had mine, well worth the extra challenge if you get the chance.

have you used an m16 in cqb? I loved it when I had mine, well worth the extra challenge if you get the chance.

Fair enough :D

• 7 months later...

I wish I'd joined these forums and read this earlier because I'd been going to my local airsoft shop for ages trying to decide which was the best gun. I really liked the M4s but I thought I should have something different. AUGs are okay but I wasn't sure and in the end I got a Classic Army MP5K PDW but now I kind of regret it because we had loads of problems with the battery (it had to be resoldered because the wires got cut a bit). I think now I would've preferred the version of MP5 with the normal handguard and retractable stock rather than a foregrip and folding stock. For some reason -can't remember why- I didn't like it at the shop.

Lots of people had told us to take our time choosing a gun, especially your first, because you don't want to get one that you don't like. That's what I tried to do but in the end I foolishly just couldn't be bothered (because we went like every week and the guys were like 'haha you're going to be here every day' and probably thought we were taking the piss and never going to buy anything) so I bought one and felt kind of disappointed... I never knew my gun would be so annoying to use, everybody else in airsofting just buys their gun, charges the battery, and goes to a skirmish. On this f*cking MP5 you have to squeeze the battery into a tiny compartment in the upper receiver and then to get it out the manual tells you to push it out with the cocking handle and the end of the metal tube then damages it. My loadout looks stupid as well because all you other guys look like...(this sounds really stupid)...actual soldiers. I just look like some retarded little fat 'kid' I just look stupid with these massive stupid looking SRC goggles on and the vest doesn't go with the full DPM. Anyway now I need an urban loadout too but I can't afford it, a realistic loadout costs most guys around £300 or something. Anyway this guide is helpful for my next gun thanks :)

My loadout looks stupid as well because all you other guys look like...(this sounds really stupid)...actual soldiers. I just look like some retarded little fat 'kid' I just look stupid with these massive stupid looking SRC goggles on and the vest doesn't go with the full DPM. Anyway now I need an urban loadout too but I can't afford it, a realistic loadout costs most guys around £300 or something.

Dude dont beat yourself up. Everyone has to start some where, those guys you see with all the nice gear have collected and built up over time. My load out in total cost over £2000 and i did it by setting myself a budget each month of around £100 and building up slowly.

You'll get there eventualy

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi im new to this.

Iv got a few questions which hope can be answed if not pointed in the right direction.

When starting I know you have to have a two tone gun until you become ukkra registared but after becoming registered are you able to paint over the two tone to make it black?

As im planning on playing with my friend who is registared am I able to use his guns which are RIF styled?

Lastly im looking at buying a m4 with a full rail so I can have flash light attachmrnt ect any suggestions on which one to go for?

Any help given is much appreciated

Ollie

Schoolboy_vet

When starting I know you have to have a two tone gun until you become ukkra registared but after becoming registered are you able to paint over the two tone to make it black?

As im planning on playing with my friend who is registared am I able to use his guns which are RIF styled?

Lastly im looking at buying a m4 with a full rail so I can have flash light attachmrnt ect any suggestions on which one to go for?

Any help given is much appreciated

Ollie

Schoolboy_vet

1) As far as I know, that counts as manufacturing a rif, which is illegal, I've heard mixed answers on that question though so best ask some other people too.

2) Yeah, you can use his guns, or hire RIFs from a site. As long as you're not buying a gun before you have a defence it's fine.

3) Personally I didn't see the need to shell out £50+ on a fancy light. I bought one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FEGYCO/ and stuck it in a rail mount. Works perfectly.

• 1 month later...

1) As far as I know, that counts as manufacturing a rif, which is illegal, I've heard mixed answers on that question though so best ask some other people too.

Manufacturing a RIF is LEGAL if you have a defence which UKARA is

Archived