LiPo battery problem

Dredd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys could do with some help here, I have a imax b6 charger and I'm trying to charge my Evo battery which is 1500mah •11.1v • 20c

now on my charger I'm setting it at :

lipo 1.5a • 11.1v (3s)

and all it it keeps saying is ' low voltage)

ive looked in the manual and it says ' the voltage is lower than which is set, plz check the number of cells in the battery pack

any advice appreciated 

thanks

• Supporters

Basically your battery is technically dead, the cell voltage has dropped too low. Or there is a fault in the batteries wiring.

did you leave it connected inside the gun?

what voltage is it saying your battery is at??

I dont advise this but it does work i too have the imax B6:

Set it to charge a NiMH as it doesn't care what the voltage it blast it for about 10mins until it goes up a few volts, stop and retry the Li-Po Balance setting. it seem to almost trick it.

It does work ive done it once* and the battery has been fine for over a year...

like i said dont do this alot as you know, it could f*ck it up royally and maybe explode. try at own risk.

• Supporters

the cells dropped below 3v & that is what the warning means

you can try to boost the cells CAREFULLY on the Nimah setting to a 6.9v on 7.4v lipo

or 10v in your case on a 11.1v

Once at that level it might charge the lipo once again when it is above 3.0v

see these vids:

or more involved on a 11.1v

don't let your lipo's run too low - more so on 11.1v coz a low 11.1v @ 9.0vstill packs some juice

a low 7.4v near 6.0v is very very noticeable

• 7 months later...

I hope that trick for saving Lipo's work....I got my B6 arriving in a week or so.  Battery check turned up in the post yesterday and confirmed that since I have been using a Nurpol 'balance' charger it's done in 4 of my lipo batteries.   (Cell 1 is ok, but cell 2 on five of the batteries are between 1.8 - 3.0 V)

Of the two 1.3mAh batteries I bought a week or so ago one is not charging so the Nuprol charger must've done it in....lucky for me the 2nd 1.3mAh battery I bought is ok.  (I bought another charger while I wait for the B6 to arrive...so putting one of the 1.3 on my new ASG Balance charger has charged only 1 battery correctly..the other 4 won't charge)

I was about to cut my losses and spent £££ on a bunch of new batteries...but I will try the trick in the above videos.

Picture I have shows the offending Nuprol charger!!!

20180505_104356.jpg

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Monkman said:

I hope that trick for saving Lipo's work....I got my B6 arriving in a week or so.  Battery check turned up in the post yesterday and confirmed that since I have been using a Nurpol 'balance' charger it's done in 4 of my lipo batteries.   (Cell 1 is ok, but cell 2 on five of the batteries are between 1.8 - 3.0 V)

Of the two 1.3mAh batteries I bought a week or so ago one is not charging so the Nuprol charger must've done it in....lucky for me the 2nd 1.3mAh battery I bought is ok.  (I bought another charger while I wait for the B6 to arrive...so putting one of the 1.3 on my new ASG Balance charger has charged only 1 battery correctly..the other 4 won't charge)

I was about to cut my losses and spent £££ on a bunch of new batteries...but I will try the trick in the above videos.

Picture I have shows the offending Nuprol charger!!!

20180505_104356.jpg

I have a f*cking picky mains powered B3 type like your Nuprol

(freebie oem from Gunfire with GF points)

sometimes it would be really really ar$ey

only one light would come up charging

On the odd time it was ar$ey I found either of these two options helped a little

either turn on charger then plug in LiPo = ar$ey

turn off charger with LiPo still attached, wait for lights to fade

Then turn charger back on - two lights charging two cells - WTF ????

I eventually got it to work but what a ball ache compared to B6 or even cheapo B3 with sep psu

Might be worth a shot, nowt to lose - your issue might be different to my picky B3 though

but yeah was a bit of a w@nky charger imho & B6 is way quicker to charge batteries too

• Supporters

what is it with those 3 led type chargers and killing lipos, that's the 4th i've heard of doing it including my own (my proper charger is old and doesnt do life batteries so i had it for that)

a proper lipo charger and a battery doctor (other brands are available) are seriously worthy investments when it comes to keeping your batteries alive.

also, tamiya connectors make me sad :(

Well the B6 worked...managed to save all 4 of my Lipo's, even the 2600mAh which cell 2 was on 1.8v.  All fully charged now.

Imax B6 is worth every penny.  Nuprol charger is now in the bin, where it belongs!!  :)

• Supporters

Imax B6 cracking chargers , even better considering how cheap they are compared to many others ! 👍

Archived