Private Airsoft Deals

frappu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

do someone knows this website? www.privateairsoftdeals.co.uk

Are them trustworthy? They have a replica that I like a lot and I would buy it from them, but I don't know if they are safe.

My last experience with an uk airsoft retailer was very bad.

Thanks

• Supporters
2 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

Well, they have almost none of the information required by law for retailers on the front page of the website.

What are they missing?  Genuine question, I'm feeling apathetic today and can't... reach... Googletubes...

3 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

Well, they have almost none of the information required by law for retailers on the front page of the website.

VCRA?  There appears to be no mention of VCRA or options for two tone editions

They aren’t required by law to mention that, but are liable if they sell to someone without a defence.

If you click into a gun to buy it there is a UKARA box to fill in

Briefly, by law ANY online retailer (ignoring the airsoft technicalities for the moment), is required to have on their website: 

Company Information:

The company's registered number.

The registered office address.

Where the company is registered (England/Wales/Scotland/NI).

Must state whether it is a limited company or not.

Must have a valid VAT number visible on the front page of the website.

Must provide a standard rate UK landline phone number to contact.

Web Compliance:

The website must comply with the W3C web accessibility regulations to at least priority 2 schedules.

Data Protection:

Data protection policy must be easily visible, from at least the front page of the website, although preferably on every page. 

Site must be PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant.

Privacy:

A page detailing all of the data collected as cookies, what those cookies actually hold as information, and what their individual expiry times are.

Consumer Rights:

Terms and Conditions for all sales must be visible or accessible from all pages. This must include any returns/refunds/warranty policies, however all must be in compliance with Consumer Contracts Regulations.

Obviously the full regulations are a hell of a lot more detailed than that, but it gives you a gist.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Thanks.  What offence are they committing?  Asking for a pedantic friend.

Turns out he’s right .....

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

Though the legislation isn’t stated, some may be ‘should do’ as opposed to ‘must do’ and would fall into the sale of goods act etc.  That page is gov.uk guidance on the web so can differ slightly from the absolute must dos of legislation 

Some may not apply, eg if the company / trader is small enough to not be VAT registered (in which case they cannot charge VAT and give a VAT receipt etc)

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Turns out he’s right .....

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

Though the legislation isn’t stated, some may be ‘should do’ as opposed to ‘must do’ and would fall into the sale of goods act etc.  That page is gov.uk guidance on the web so can differ slightly from the absolute must dos of legislation 

Some may not apply, eg if the company / trader is small enough to not be VAT registered (in which case they cannot charge VAT and give a VAT receipt etc)

SOGA was superseded by CRA 2015. But, in the case of this particular retailer, having a retail premises, they should be VAT registered.

I own this company and we are in the process of getting our store Ukara. We have many loyal customers and we welcome you to search us in Facebook to see the store and what we are about. 

The he web site is also fairly new from going form shopify to magneto. We are still working on this and should be up to speed in next 3- 5 says. 

The Website has had the info added now and will be tweaked tomorrow to make the layout easier.

3 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

SOGA was superseded by CRA 2015. But, in the case of this particular retailer, having a retail premises, they should be VAT registered.

(I don’t know about this retailer) but it is still possible to have (or rent/occupy) retail premises and still be eligible to not be VAT registered.  A small business and a very small premises, but still functioning walk in retail shop

18 hours ago, Chrisa8181 said:

Vat number and all info is within the footer..

When I made the original post, it wasn't. Headers don't lie, that was added, AFTER i made my post. 

EDIT: I had mentioned other stuff, relating to the dubious nature of you clearly having an "OH sh*t" moment, but then deleted it, i'm reverting that now. I've gone and read some of the newly written documents, and you clearly need to go look up intellectual property law as well, you've just gone and copypasta'd Patrolbase's equivalents, instead of taking time to make your own, which is specific to your company.

I'll be extra helpful and post the relevant gov.uk page for you - https://www.gov.uk/topic/intellectual-property/copyright

• Supporters

Getting an e-commerce site completely compliant with the all-t's-crossed letter of the law seems like more of a journey than a destination.

I cannot recall being sent a fully compliant order acknowledgment containing all the mandatory information, for anything, by any seller, ever.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Getting an e-commerce site completely compliant with the all-t's-crossed letter of the law seems like more of a journey than a destination.

I cannot recall being sent a fully compliant order acknowledgment containing all the mandatory information, for anything, by any seller, ever.

It's supposed to be done before trading even begins, i've worked with companies in the past doing this, done correctly and efficiently, the process from proof of concept to sufficiently compliant with a small team can be done in as little as a fortnight, solo maybe a month or two.

As for retailers that are sufficiently compliant in the airsoft market? Most of the main ones are compliant, it's just all the smaller operations that don't seem to give a toss. The bigger ones are aware of the potential (hefty) fines from the various authorities. Breach of ICO enforcement notices can easily go into 6 figures for example (obviously dependent on the magnitude of the offence).

Just an update on this, I notified PB of the copypasta yesterday. By the sounds of it, they were unsurprisingly not particularly amused by this, and will be following it up.

• 6 months later...

Archived