How many of us wear helmets?

Nicky blue eyes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Out of curiosity how many of us wear standard type milltary helmets for skirmishing? I have a battered mk6 but not sure if its worth getting a fast helmet instead. Up till now I've not used one but yesterday I got shot in the head 3 times at different points and smacked the top of my noggin on a  bridge. Now I.m thinking of some head proection as my skull is now looking like the elephant mans. So what do we all wear and why?

• Supporters

I have a FAST helmet that I use sometimes. I would deffo say go for it if you play indoors or CQB. I dont usually wear one when I am playing as a sniper, but I do if there is enough reason to, like at the MilSims I go to - lots of low hanging pipes!

When I used to play indoor at The Mall I always wore my way too small black FAST:

ph3CiTD.jpg

And at my latest MilSim I wore my not-so-small FAST - I am quite glad I did - I got hit in the head 8 times over the weekend, helmet absorbed them all:

iQQIB2a.jpg

• Supporters

Yep, FAST wearer. Gt fed up with welts on my noggin. Whenever I wore a back to front baseball cap everyone seemed to be aiming for the open bit above the adjuster!

• Supporters

Plus ive seen some dope Opr8r setups out there haha

• Head Moderator

I wear a FAST helmet, mainly to stop the numerous head shots I get playing CQB (and you can clearly hear when the helmet has been hit). It has saved my head a few times from bumping into objects in the dark and when falling over backwards and bouncing my head off a wall.  Ditto wearing the back-to-front baseball cap, always get hit in the gap on the forehead.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Whenever I wore a back to front baseball cap everyone seemed to be aiming for the open bit above the adjuster!

?round way right the it wearing tried you Have

I wore a helmet for my first couple of games, more as a camera mount than for protection. A cap (miltary stylee) last game worked just fine, with the camera cable-tied onto the brim.

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I wore a helmet for my first couple of games, more as a camera mount than for protection. A cap (miltary stylee) last game worked just fine, with the camera cable-tied onto the brim.

Nowhere near as cool looking

I've taken the occasional shot to the head but this was the first time it properly hurt (acually 2 of them broke the skin. It looks like I've got leprosy) plus I want to start playing more cqb in the not to distent future

I started with nothing on my head, quickly went to a baseball cap (under armor as it was all black) and now I have a fast helmet as after a long period of time the cap itched my forehead and im already loosing my hair as it is, didnt want to keep attacking it to stop the itching and loose more :P . Bought from Amazon (OneTigris) about £50?

• Moderators

usually a helmet when at urban assault otherwise a boonie or cap. 

I just have issues with the later with my goggles and mask as it can be annoying trying to fit together!

18 hours ago, EDcase said:

I'm still on baseball cap backwards but sewed cloth patch over gap.

May go to helmet at some point....

Yep, I turned my backwards and got nailed through the gap :D

I don't like any head gear really, but an operator cap seems the best compromise for me. A helmet is too cumbersome.

helmets are good for some sites and setups. I've got a fast helmet but recently i've been wearing hat and glasses as i just end up sweating all over the place.

Also own a FAST helmet, however I only really wear mine to mount my camera onto, if i can be arsed to get any footage.

Great for CQB but I play woodland 90% of the time and I've noticed it's forever catching on vines/branches and either making the loudest  scratching noise possible, or I end up dragging half a tree around with me.

I wear a cap for woodland, offers a tiny bit of noggin protection, especially when it comes to being hit by BBs; as for banging your head against something it;s obviously not as protective as a helmet.

I recon I did myself a mis chief on sunday because my head ache is only now subsiding. The only way forward now is to get one and see. Hopefully i won't get too sweaty in it. Famous last words

I use a fast helmet and while it does keep the heat in and catch on branches (especially the vent holes) the amont of times its deflected hits or stopped me from knocking myself out on things at the Gaol. I also like the ease of mounting my mesh mask to it so it's easy to remove from my face etc

• Supporters
On 10/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, Rogerborg said:

I wore it back to front as the peak protected my neck. Pretty handy when I got lit up from behind by a n00b rental that didn't look before he fired.

One of the shots to my head was from a noobie. The poor kid looked like was going to drop a log. I've never heard anyone apologize so much in all my life. I almost felt sorry for him. Well atleast he owned up to it I suppose 

I've been looking at either a MK6 (for authenticity with rest of kit, but they are a weight on your noodle!) or a Fast/Emerson version.

I normally wear a baseball cap or boonie hat, but I play woodland/village so not too much of the head bump mischief.

Saying that more CQB action has really interested me so I think next months purchase maybe a helmet of some form. It would have to have a scrolling adjuster on the back though. Cant abide just the foam padding to keep it in place.

BCC

Just started wearing FSA Maritime helmet, with Earmor headset...helmet fits well after a few mods and the amplification of the headset and using radio is great.  Got hit multiple time in the noggin and no issues.  :)

My mate who was just wearing a cap (not in this photo) go shot in the forehead and has a very large bump right above his eye. 

*I've also made adjustments so I can connect my OneTigris face mask directly to my helmet for when I do indoor cqb. (Don't fancy losing any teeth)

22050271_10154959419174142_1166615438538198494_n.jpg

Boo.jpg

Archived