Anyone else pick up a SNES Classic?

L3wisD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Preordered mine back in July and it's been a long couple of months.

Arrived yesterday and I'm loving it.

Always had android boxes with emulators on them etc, but this is quality. It feels like I'm ten years old again and playing on my SNES in my room :)

It's also adorable!

qNDWnos.jpg

dEs3Eil.jpg

zmg0YRt.jpg

UsRsZiC.jpg

• Head Moderator

That takes me back to 1993 and playing Street Fighter, had to buy a second controller for P v P games.  Gave it to my nephews as their first console before they had a Palystation.

ah piss off lol...

missed out on bagging one, and still wish I had kept the baby NES I managed to buy a few months back.

• 3 months later...

My friend got one of these recently and had it chipped so now has something like 150+ games, I must say after having a go on it I am tempted to pick one up myself as it does have that nostalgia feeling which i really enjoyed! shame more of the platforms that are out currently wont do more remastering as I'm desperate to have a remastered version of Dino Crisis

• 2 weeks later...

Picked one up now :) Woooo... havent had a chance to plug it in tho but excited!!

Also will look into chipping it as above!

I got a NES mini, but saw they were fetching big money so sold it on ebay for £120 the next day  :P 

everywhere said they would get more stock so I figured it would be easy to bag another, but nowhere did.... Bastids!

The SNES is awesome. My son just turns his nose up at it, trying to explain this was the Xbox One of my youth gets me funny looks.

The games were addictive and didn't need all the Gucci graphic wow factor.

For me the biggest win is the cartridges, insta-load and you don't have to download a bandwidth crushing update every week.

It really is $hite today, most the new games suck for single campaign / story etc... bit like Marvel films these days lol

4 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

The games were addictive and didn't need all the Gucci graphic wow factor.

For me the biggest win is the cartridges, insta-load and you don't have to download a bandwidth crushing update every week.

It really is $hite today, most the new games suck for single campaign / story etc... bit like Marvel films these days lol

Takes 2 hours to play a "new" game. An hour to install the bloody CD then another hour waiting for all the downloads. My son waited till lunch time to play WWE on xmas morning

Archived