Help for Heroes Charity Night #2.0

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a spare spot if someone needs it. Will email The Mall later to let them know its cancelled..

Otherwise the rest of us are looking forward to it!! :) 

See you all tonight.

I'll be the one shooting you in the back of the head - whatever team you're on :D

What a totally awesome evening. Well done everyone who organised it.

Had a really good time. Probably the best airsoft session so far. Put me down for the next one as a definite.

Everyone I encountered who played were total sportsmen and women. Never a quibble about hit taking or questionable behaviour. Just fantastic.

And how fecking scary was the Silent Hill game?!!!! Need more games like that because that was just above and beyond. Well done Zed and your marshals are epic.

Thanks warlord. Didn’t actually meet you yesterday but it was nice to know you enjoyed it. 

Thanks to to everyone who came, we raised just shy of £1200.00 with NO RAFFLE so a significant difference to last time however if there was a raffle it could have been even more. 

Zed / Luke / The mall staff were fantastic and the last game was great. 

Mostly everyone one I spoke to enjoyed it and everyone seem to play well with one or two minor issues which I believe were dealt with instantly as always. A great day and great cause. 

Hopefully this will return for a third time but yet to be decided. 

Thanks again everyone, until we meet again

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Thanks warlord. Didn’t actually meet you yesterday but it was nice to know you enjoyed it. 

I was the guy in the black typhon camo...oh, erm - lot's of black :D It was a great evening. We stayed in a hotel on the M4 and played again today and the difference is like night and day. Last night was epic.

13 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Take it today wasn't so good?

Any reason why?

Marshalls were great. They even called me on a high BFG throw - fair play, hands up it did go higher than intended from underarm than site rule allow.

But by way of example the yellow team closed all the doors to the upstairs balcony and ball play area making that area unplayable. Marshalls were prompt and reacted to a few calls of other doors being closed.  Hit taking on both sides seemed poor. One personal example was a BFG clearing a corridor, but the guy next to the guy calling the hit obviously had a cloaking device.

Personally I don't let it spoil the day, just play through it. Someone reported me for a hit to my boot, the marshall just advised me to be "aware" of my feet - but  I'd rather take it as a hit anyway. If someone feels they hit me enough to call a marshall I'll take it. No argument. I didn't feel it., but it's a game. Regen is just a walk away.

I've found the marshalling at the Mall to be some of the best. I don't even mind being called out. It's good to know they catch me out because hopefully that means they catch others doing worse.

Edit: And the worst wasn't from the rentals ;)

• Supporters

The staff are good guys and do the best they can on what is a difficult site to marshall. Glad you didn't do what half the idiots on the internet do and blame them for the few issues but back on the players where it belongs.

To be fair I have noticed a drop in actual player quality there on Sundays lately. You did the best thing not letting anything get to you as that just makes the day worse. Airsofts popularity is starting to attract the wrong sort lately and the malls popularity means that you get a high amount of visiting players who will try and take the piss because its not their regular site.

Saturday was great, sportsmanship was top class, so much so I killed two guys with an empty pistol mag :lol:

They didnt feel the hit (obviously) but took it anyway.... I still dont know if I would have done the same or just shot me ;) 

the game types were cool, havent played any of them before except the agent game and I play the Mall often.

I like the fact doors were closed, lights were off and each game had different areas to use and corridors closed off, even had me turned around once or twice trying to find my bearings.

The last game with the added smoke was a great touch. I wandered around for 5 mins upstairs without seeing or hearing anything (except the big guy stomping about) 

Marshalling was great but players were fantastic! Very impressed with the night, I had a blast.

Nice meeting robert, shame I didnt work out who warlord was before and if anyone else made it, it was a pleasure getting shot by you all!

13 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Nice meeting robert, shame I didnt work out who warlord was before and if anyone else made it, it was a pleasure getting shot by you all!

If you were there on Saturday, he was the one that got shot just above his left eyebrow. it was a bit of a bleeder!

59 minutes ago, springs said:

If you were there on Saturday, he was the one that got shot just above his left eyebrow. it was a bit of a bleeder!

That happened on Sat night. Might even have been Al who nailed me with a Mk23 close range at the bottom of a stairwell.

If you were there Sunday we were team glowstick ;)

The game in the fog was just freaking awesome - if I wasn't so scared it may have made a good knife kill game as you couldn't make out who was who.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

What was the gist of the Silent hill game then?

I was there one Friday where the last game had Zombies in the basement of C&A.

Had to go down there unarmed and retrieve a glowstick.

I got absolutely nailed by a zombie a couple of times and it was horrifying :D

Got pinned down while she ate my face, screaming in my ear!

@L3wisD lights were off and a smoke machine used throughout, spinning led lights of various colours around the main concourse made it eerie, the 8 foot tall dude in clompy boots with a pyramid on his head made it more intense......

The big bloke put out a green glowing box in the concourse and we had to take the box into a side room and defend it, the most boxes at the end wins...

Simples...

Except!!!!!

You cant shoot while in the concourse, or run, or even see much. The big bloke is immortal, he has no gun but if the touches you, your dead! He also wants his boxes back and comes looking for them.

Was stupidly tense, a lot of people stayed either downstairs or in the passages behind the shops as I was sneaky sneaky in the shops and the concourse for most of the game and hardly saw anyone lol..

@springs maybe bud, maybe. I pretty much dropped the MP7 and M4 and went pistols only after the first game;

I know I took out about 6 of the yellow team at the top of a stairwell just using my MK23, got one coming through a doorway, 2 more behind them confused. One in a doorway next to them and then two or three on the stairs as they had no idea I was up there, then got popped in the back as the one in the doorway had a player behind him I obviously missed. I kind of felt it but didnt, as I think the adrenaline kicked in, and actually may had got the ones on the stairs after he got me. But everyone shouted well played we high fived and went back on our way!!

Next time there is a sat game like this, (ideally a forum based one as they are great) I am defo staying over. Means some of my mates may not come as they wont/cant afford the stay but I really fancy doing the weekend!

I think a forum game needs to be sorted for early next year ;) 

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Actually I think the biggest screams were from some of the players.

Yes, that was all part of the fun. Long blood curdling screams when caught by a zombie, it really added to the atmosphere that night.  Would love to play that scenario again.

1 minute ago, Jedi_Master said:

Yes, that was all part of the fun. Long blood curdling screams when caught by a zombie, it really added to the atmosphere that night.  Would love to play that scenario again.

If we do another I’ll ask about it ;)

• Supporters

That game still gives me nightmares. Think I only shot 10 rounds, spent most of the night running away in pure fear.

Walking down a dark corridor, flipping your torch on, all clear, torch off, move another 10 ft, torch on, ZOMBIE moving in for a reach-around!  

Spent most of my energy on self control not trying to gun butt the zombies! They were brilliant.

I have spoken to some of the people I meet around different sites about this and you get two responses; Epic! We'll give that a go! Or Nah, sod that mate, sounds rough to me.

Definately will come back for another game, just not on a Family Weekend!

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Prisce said:

That game still gives me nightmares. Think I only shot 10 rounds, spent most of the night running away in pure fear.

Walking down a dark corridor, flipping your torch on, all clear, torch off, move another 10 ft, torch on, ZOMBIE moving in for a reach-around!  

Spent most of my energy on self control not trying to gun butt the zombies! They were brilliant.

I have spoken to some of the people I meet around different sites about this and you get two responses; Epic! We'll give that a go! Or Nah, sod that mate, sounds rough to me.

Definately will come back for another game, just not on a Family Weekend!

To be fair because the people playing were so up for having a laugh it was a rougher version than usual.  Normally it's just tag the player but that night we literally jumped on people and dragged them to the ground. If I had caught Jedi I would of probably given him a hickey for shits and giggles.

• Supporters

But that's how airsoft should be, we always go out for a laugh, the only time we get serious is when some pampered Toff on the otherside starts getting upset, then it's only fair we ruin his day!

Archived