Patch design help!

Sam Pascoe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So last night i started to design my patch, i am almost finished now but not happy with the font or location of the text... any help or recommendations ?

Many Thanks!

Sam

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 11.54.09.png

1001freefonts.com to find new fonts as for the patch design think about how it's going to get printed out. Usually designs will stick to only a small pallet of colours or vectors as detail like the camo might not show in final print 

• Supporters

Yea, thats gonna be a b**** to have made... I would have to say go for Thermal Layering if you want it that detailed... Also, editor's tip - use MS Powerpoint to add your words. Youll get a lot nicer curve than that.

3 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Yea, thats gonna be a b**** to have made... I would have to say go for Thermal Layering if you want it that detailed... Also, editor's tip - use MS Powerpoint to add your words. Youll get a lot nicer curve than that.

I actually think the text has been warped which is why its an odd shape. There is a better way to do it in PS which actually follows a circle, but being at work I wouldnt be able to list how it is done now.

As for the patch, I tried to get to get grass done similarly to yours and it ended up coming out in just 1 shade of green. You could try changing the colour of your camo or just use a single colour as its a patch camo detail is not tooo important. Furthermore, most of the time whoever does your patch wont have the font you use, so try finding something you like and seeing if they will use it, if not save a PSD without text so you can change it afterwards to something more common. 

I use www.dafont.com for fonts

Plus, I use stitchmeup.biz  the website is kinda bad but they make good patches.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Robert James said:

I actually think the text has been warped which is why its an odd shape. There is a better way to do it in PS which actually follows a circle, but being at work I wouldnt be able to list how it is done now.

As for the patch, I tried to get to get grass done similarly to yours and it ended up coming out in just 1 shade of green. You could try changing the colour of your camo or just use a single colour as its a patch camo detail is not tooo important. Furthermore, most of the time whoever does your patch wont have the font you use, so try finding something you like and seeing if they will use it, if not save a PSD without text so you can change it afterwards to something more common. 

I use www.dafont.com for fonts

Plus, I use stitchmeup.biz  the website is kinda bad but they make good patches.

Stitchmeup is what I recommend as well. And they work directly from your image so they can use whatever font you want.

Archived