new to the sport

deke22
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi everyone,

i,m brand new to airsoft,,i,m from scotland,and theyres a few sites near me,,i have played paintball years ago,,,amd loved it,,but it was always far too expensive,,,,and by some chamce,,i already have everything you need to play airsoft,,,,except a gun,,,,which i,m ordering tonight,,,lol,

i have 2 airsoft,,,fast helmets,both with visors,i have an airsoft skelleton mask,,,and scrims,,,caams ect,,,knee pads,,body armour i can remove the spine protection from,,,so am basically all set.

the reason for me having all that kit,,,well,,,thats because i have 2 scooters,,,an evo 1600w 48v electrick scooter,,,,amd a 50cc 2 gear petroll scooter,,.both amazin fun.

anyway,,,,thats why i have the body protection,,and helmets and such.

i am also an ex soldier,amd a desert strom veteran,,,i srerved with the 1st btn the royal scots in the gulf.

i havn,t even played a game yet,,,but i can see on youtube,,,that a good team,,amd takin  it sero=iously is a good way to get things right,,,,such as section attacks and the likes,,,i love the disipline involved,,,as well as the teamwork and comraderae,,,,,you csn,t beat it.

i hope i,m not brteaking any rules by starting a new thread,,,,but i couldn,t see an introducer yersel title,,,,if i am,,,i appologise,,,amd could a mod stick this in the right place please.

so thatss me for now folks,,,,nice ti meet ypu,,,,,and hopefully you,ll have some great info for me,,,,thanx all,,,have a goodun.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  The New Players & Arrivals is the correct place to create a topic to introduce yourself.

• Supporters

Hi Deke, I'm pretty much fresh meat myself, but loving it so far.

If you're near Glasgow, I'd recommend swinging by the Depot in Castlemilk for indoor CQB as well.   Bit more expensive than the woodland, but no worries about the weather, and it's a great site with loads of staircases and hidey-holes.

I'm a biker myself, but you don't really need any armour for airsoft.  The BBs can be a bit nippy, but that's part of the fun.  Knee-pads are a good shout though.

Hope to see you around - I'll doubtless give Section 8 a try myself some time.

thnx rogerborg,,,i am near glasgow bro,,,i,ll check that oot m8,,cheers man

on the subject o indoor and out door,,,do i need different springs for indoors,,,as if i,m understanding right,,,the fps for indoors is a little less than outdoors,,,is that correct??? but i think ma gat will be k for both,,,thynx guys for yer kind words,,,,but dont expect any mercy if we meet on the field,,,lol,,,,,i,ll still kill uye,,     ;-}

• Supporters

You OK, the limit is pretty much.  The Depot indoor site has a hard limit of 350fps (0.2g bb) for all guns and their outdoor site Nomad in Fenwick also has a 350fps limit for full auto guns.  Section 8 has a 1.2 Joule limit for auto guns which is actually 360fps x 0.2g but it's near enough that it's not a problem unless you end up with one in the 351-360 fps range.

It's only really an issue for DMRs and bolt action sniper rifles, but you wouldn't be using those in CQB anyway.

Archived