Dboys PDW

SheriffHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gun Name and maker: Dboys/BOYI PDW

FPS: Listed at 390, Downgraded for free by shop to 340

Hop up: surprisingly good. was shooting .25s very consistently and to a good range.

Mag Capacity: Comes with a rear winding high cap, but accepts STANAG mags

Battery: Comes with a 1200 8.4v battery and charger.

Plastic/Metal/Both: The gun is a fully plastic.

My opinion and overall comments:

So, the reason I purchased this gun was behind the thinking that i can either rent a gun for £25 a time till i get my ukara again or instead of thowing a total of £75 down the drain on rental cost I could just buy a starter gun for the same price.
For the Dboys PDW I paid £72.88 which in the box came with the gun, a high cap, battery, charger, a mock PEQ box, and a foregrip. I had doubts from the start if it would even last the 3 games admitedly but to me if it last 3 games minimum that ive saved money.

The first time i used the gun out the box it felt very light (thanks to it being all plastic) and gave me a little faith back into the type of plastic used. Its clearly not the best plastic but at the same time its not cheap plastic either.

During my first game with this rifle quite a few things surprised me, given the price I had paid this little stumpy rife was putting BBs down range consistently and accurately. The battery lasted a whole day of use which I thought wouldnt happen, but a battery that lasts is always good.
Lastly im going back to the body strength. I knew it wasnt the good plastic you find on better rifles i expected cheap but after stacking it several times and planting my weight on the body of the gun to save my self from falling under a bunch of logs (22stone by the way) A few times i got back up and saying to myself "well this gun has to be broke now" and everytime i was surprised it wasnt. So clearly is designed to take a little beat of a beating. Side note the folding stock, its plastic tubes and wont lie that looks like it would break with no problem, luckily its not broke on me yet.

Over all if given the option to save my money for something else or to have purchased this gun again, I can happily say id buy it again. Will go as far to say that i want the full metal version of the same gun next.

Overall rating:

7/10

Link where to buy
https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152199141-PDW-BY-808-replica.html

• Supporters

I love this gun. There was a full plastic version earlier that had plastic gearbox, but by the time I wanted to actually buy it, it wasn't available any more.

However I both did maintenance on and shot the metal GB and the plastic GB versions (and the full metal too but that's a different class). With some DIY stuff, like shimming, cleaning, teflon taping they shoot really well and for some reason it's awesome fun.

Your decision to buy it was a good one. :)

• 10 months later...
On 26/07/2018 at 16:48, RandyShotgun said:

The listing on the website now says it does not include the battery and charger, any idea where I could find these if I purchased the rifle and sourced the battery else where?

well the price has now reduced down to £50 from £72 so you could buy a new battery or just go right to a lipo set up.

EDIT:

In all fairness, i did do a little unpackaging and initial thoughts video on this gun. but i might do another video after using it for almost a year now. the only mods Ive done to it is a crappy paintjob and added a sight and rail covers. no internal mods and its still shooting fantastically. even after its had me fall over ontop of it several times. so if its now selling for £50 id have to say buy this thing and you will have fun.

Archived