Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jakmoon

a 'non airsoft' sales forums :)

14 posts in this topic

as per title realy, i ave seen this on many other forums and think it would be a good idea, and wouldnt be to off topic as you alread have 'non airsoft' forums :)

just and idea

jakmoon

Might aswell have onr, it'd probably be used a lot

I'd disagree. I think that people will use eBay or specific forums for other items. It means another forum for us to police and ensure that each item is legal for sale etc. The swaps section isn't even that popular and it's airsoft based.

Right now the classifieds take too much prominence on the site and it would be nice if we could develop a bit more of a community first before taking them further. At the moment it seems a lot of people just join to buy/sell stuff.

Fair enough,atleast unlike mods admins on some larger forums (cough zeroin cough) you have a good reason and although I won't admit it- I may have been wrong :P

Indeed. I don't like to turn down suggestions, but I do have to use my experience to evaluate the idea and if I think it won't work I have to be blunt I'm afraid :lol:

goo i would rather you be blunt.. and with a reson.... rther than just telling me to ###### off :)

.. maby one for the future then?

I think you're best off using Ebay for anything non-airsoft.

As Dev said, way too much work for us.

i suppose a thing you could do is have a rule like 50 posts allows you to sell in the classifieds, and 25 allows you to buy... but this may introduce people spamming...

I believe a conversation came up like this a while back (the number of posts not the non-airsoft forum part) and yeah it would increase spamming plus new people might get turned away if they find out they have to post 'X' ammount to be able to sell, when all theyre looking for is a place to buy/sell quickly

im guilty of the same thing on zeroin though only signed up to buy stuff!!! :lol:

im pretty sure we wont have more, sorry for not supporting the forum but i think Zeroin is always going to be more popular because they have a large shop attached to the forum ;)

It's not even questionable that we won't have more members Zak. We're getting over 150 members a month register, we can't not gain active members from that.

Closed before we go off topic more.