G&G/army armament l85 semi problem possible fix

Chris801
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know there's a few topics on this already but I have been playing for ages to fix this problem and there is nothing to suggest a fix,  mostly recently I have cut the wire for the active braking which seems to have cured it,   will see how it goes over the next few weeks,  mine has a shs sector gear and normal piston with tooth removed and alloy spacer.

I know some might say you need this but I'm waiting on a mosfet anyway,  if anyone has managed to cure the problem fully themselves please advise 

15051298474432130132438.jpg

• Supporters

I "think" the semi option which is down to pre-cocking on the L85 sector

could be resolved by using a 19 tooth sector from a SR25 (non pre-cocking)

AB is not wise due to the motor being halted with no over run/spin on this

The sector pre-cocks so the drive chain is under load when Cut off lever kicks

this will slow the gun's motor/drivechain more than normal but AB would make it stop on a half penny/tanner

Thus with no overspin the sector stops asap on AB or low juice and the COL is still raised slightly

So you have this lock-up issue on semi on G&G/AA L85's due to stock sector's cam pre-cocking

Can use more juice to help it run on a bit with no AB & help fire from pre-cocked

use a std 18:1 or 16:1 16 tooth sector gear but short strokes it and requires piston spacer

(or metal rack 19 tooth piston)

Or use the "regular non pre-cocked SR25" 19 tooth sector gear

99.9999% the SR25 sector works coz it is the std 16 tooth with 3 more teeth

& you are using a std SHS sector atm

Only thing I will say is the SHS SR25 has a bearing on so you can't add a delay clip

Yeah you can use a "normal" sector gear which is only 16 teeth

but need the 9mm or 10mm piston spacer on a regular piston

or a metal rack 19 tooth piston & effectively allow it to be short stroked with a 16 tooth sector

(you need metal rack as on std 19 piston you would release on a nylon tooth instead of metal release tooth)

TBH - use 11.1v on a slow torque motor with non AB mosfet seems to work for most

if still no joy, then use SR25 or SVD 19 tooth sector with no pre-cocking

yeah you lose the pre-cocking feature but you already lost that on a std sector

(ok you could say it is Short stroked 16 instead of 19 but your volume or stroke has dropped)

As long as your motor is fairly slow on a std 18:1 or 21:1 ratio I think them v6/v7 gears are you will not get PME on 11.1v

Do you want to try a SHS SR25 sector - the last tooth is a bit "chunky" & has a bearing

I am very unlikely to use it I think and might have a 19 tooth piston about

BUT - with a std "normal" sector you shouldn't be having semi lock ups I would of thought

Unless you have a real slow rof & releasing trigger a tad too early

Anyway - if you have got rid of AB & std sector it should stop or prevent these lockups

But if you wanna try a sr25 sector and need a piston gis a shout

Archived