Best way to Hop an M4 DMR

Ođin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have pretty much re-built my aps guardian 110, leaving the only stock part the cylinder. Currently I have an issue with range which I believe to be due to hop, I have a madbull tightbore barrel and a madbull ultimate hop up chamber, now swapped out for a prowin, I would really appreciate the best methods for hopping for range and accuracy. I have a rubber and nub for flat hop and have tried to follow YouTube tutorials but am not getting the results I want, please advise, thank you.

What he said....

There are a couple of good 'out of the packet' flat hop rubbers and nubs if you don't fancy doing your own. I've had good results with the Modify Soft up to 0.4g.

You could also go with slightly heavier BBs.

When you say 400fps,is that with 0.3g, or 0.2g? Because 400fps with 0.3g will put you well over most field limits in the UK.

• Root Admin
11 hours ago, Ođin said:

Thank you for the response in my last post! To answer a few common ones, 400fps with 0.2s, I use 0.3g.

I have hopped with the prowin hop up chamber and the Prometheus hard flat nub, there doesn't see to be enough nub to push down on the bb?? What am I doing wrong?

Maybe take it back to this thread?

You mention a 'nub' but did you mean the bucking? What bucking are you now using, because if it's the original then a flat nub is going to be detrimental.

I don't know how, and the nub is the bit between the hop arm and bucking, I'm using guarder I think, I bought it a while back

• Mostly Retired Moderators

What Prof is asking is whether you've got a flat hop up bucking or a regular one.

Using a flat nub on a normal rubber won't give any increase in performance as the existing rubbers own shape inside is still present.

You need to have sliced off the existing bump in the rubber or bought a ready made flat rubber. Then your flat nub has a good flat area to press on.

Archived