Stripping two-tone paint okay?

Haru
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

i would like to know if i can paint the body of my l 115 NATO mat green i am a reenactor and i have a reenactors licence is it legal  

I assume it's currently 51% or more a bright, non-realistic colour?

The short answer is: yes, in practice, since reenactment is specifically covered under VCRA 2006 S37 (2) (e).

You can stop reading now and get spraying.

Still here?

<rant>

The pedantic answer is that it's not "legal". The act of turning a non-realistic firearm into a realistic firearm is a criminal offence, always, for everyone.  Nobody is, or can be, pre-authorised or licensed to do so.  You are guilty by default.  What you enjoy is the right to assert a defence to committing that criminal act, and the burden is on you to produce evidence of that defence.

It's a perverse way to legislate, but it's becoming increasingly popular.   See also the continuous motor insurance clause, which is a guilty-until-proven-innocent offence.

</rant>

On 9/9/2017 at 6:34 PM, Haru said:

eh, i guess i could wait til i have my defense then strip the paint. its only 2 months anyway

from my interpretation being a skirmisher IS your defense..... 

The UKARA defense is to allow you to purchase a RIF..

This is why I hate these debates

Archived