Hello from Northampton

Gregatron
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out in arisoft, heading to my first event this weekend at the local field. I've read so many posts and watched so many videos my head is spinning and so excited................also ready to get totally destroyed.

I've borrowed an AEG from a friend, and I've got some boots & googles, but is there and suggestions anyone can make for my first time? 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Take your hits.  Get stuck in, you are paying to play so no point in hanging back.

1 hour ago, Gregatron said:

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out in arisoft, heading to my first event this weekend at the local field. I've read so many posts and watched so many videos my head is spinning and so excited................also ready to get totally destroyed.

I've borrowed an AEG from a friend, and I've got some boots & googles, but is there and suggestions anyone can make for my first time? 

Hope you have a great time.

thinking back to my first time be aware it can sting when your hit and leave little red marks, i tend to wear a thin UBAC shirt.  A Fleece would be worth wearing until your sure the hits dont bother you.

if you think you might have been hit, call yourself hit.  most games your back in quick and you will earn a lot more respect from other players.

cover your lower mouth with something as bb's can damage teeth if you get one too close.  in order of best protection - mesh mask, neoprene mask, last a neck gaitor or shemag wrapped around.  most sites and players avoid head shots 

make sure to wind your mags regularly if they are hi cap types.  the gun will still fire but the mags need winding every so often to keep the bbs pushed into the firing mechanism.

go to the toilet before going - this one depends on your site facilites they can vary from a well maintained toilet or as at my first game a chemical toilet that was more chemical weapon

take some water with you to drink/rehydrate between games like any sport.

if your 18+ maybe give disposable pyro a try,  nothing like getting a few kills by grenade.....just throw the burning end to the enemy, my first game i panicked and threw the wrong part!

mostly just listen to the safety brief and have a great time.  

On 9/8/2017 at 11:29 AM, Gregatron said:

Hi everyone,

Hi and Welcome,

I hope you enjoyed your first game, what was the name of the site that you played at?

I'm base in Milton Keynes, so I go to couple of sites around here.

18 hours ago, TapZxK said:

Hi and Welcome,

I hope you enjoyed your first game, what was the name of the site that you played at?

I'm base in Milton Keynes, so I go to couple of sites around here.

I went to Skirmish Central near Santa Pod, it was a really good day.......except for the fact I borrowed a friends GBB M4 and the gas seals on the mags were rotten- One mid cap mag and a speed loader while tucked behind a barrel as a challenge :-)

I've seen thats theres a CQB place in MK, was going to check it out after getting UKARA and buying some non-borrowed/functional toys.

Yeah I play at Skirmish Central once in a while, last weekend I was playing at Special Ops in Olney.

I think CQB place you are talking about might be one of the Xsite Airsoft sites. 

on 24th of September I'm planning on playing at RIFT Airsoft.

Yeah GBB is probably not the best option for your first game or even as a first rifle it's not ideal.  

Archived