Milsim rules on guns

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My site is due to  sort my ukraa next week.  So I'll be upgrading my guns. 

I want to start  playing milsims next year. 

So before I upgrade my guns as i only run dpm/green  loadouts ( As half the airsofting world run in mtp or such like)  this would normally put me on the insurgents/Russia. Has anyone played anywhere  where you have to use  the "stereotype" of insurgent or Russia   weapon  i.e. aks. As like the m4  and not a  big fan of ak  platform and have my loadout build around the m4. I would eventually  look to get am m249 and look to play as a  support gunner.   But i don't  want to  spend the money only to find I have to build a new loadout  or buy new guns for when I choose to start playing milsim?

• Head Moderator

The milsim light games I have played had no restrictions on gun type the player used as long as it was not two-tone, and the only rule was the clothing colour or camouflage pattern worn by each team.

Depends on what type of milsim you want to play.

Some milskirm "lite" games are just green vs tan and there is rarely weapon types specified.

If you want to venture into proper milsims, the loadouts are a lot more specific. Green and DPM are usually used more for other forces rather than Russians, so there is usually flexibility.

The Okto Eight games for example had a nationalist army faction which used semi DPM and had both western and eastern weapons, so M4 would have been okay in that example. All organisers are different though.

The best way forward is to research where you want to play and the type of game, check out their loadout rules and then go from there.  

• Supporters

I've been to a few where the 'recommended' weapons are set down a certain way but never one where people were disallowed from playing because they're a bad guy and they're using an M4. That said, if you show up for blue force with a honey badger or similar or bad guys with a tricked out HK417 eyebrows will likely be raised.  

Archived