any Grenadiers around?

gray134
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 9/13/2017 at 6:44 AM, GiantKiwi said:

I've been hit multiple times in the head by TAG rounds, it's similar to being hit by an underarm served tennis ball. You're more at risk from people with BFG's not understanding the concept of using them with an underarm throw no higher than waist height.

Any projectile even with the force of "an under arm tennis ball" could still knock of eye protection...

Funny that you describe it as that sort of power as since writing my last reply a friend was shot in the thigh and i can tell you now the bruise that came up and the dead leg suggests it isn't like an under am throw of a tennis ball....

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Any projectile even with the force of "an under arm tennis ball" could still knock of eye protection...

Funny that you describe it as that sort of power as since writing my last reply a friend was shot in the thigh and i can tell you now the bruise that came up and the dead leg suggests it isn't like an under am throw of a tennis ball....

I suggest if the concern of eye pro being knocked off is a problem, the eye pro is the issue there. Shooting glasses are always at the users own risk, almost every site i've been to recommends using full seal (which all come with a strap to tighten..), which if correctly fitted shouldn't fall off under any normal impact..

And? Legs bruise easily. 

Regardless, it's another thing that is up to the discretion of the site, if a site allows them, and you don't like it, go elsewhere? 

21 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

I suggest if the concern of eye pro being knocked off is a problem, the eye pro is the issue there. Shooting glasses are always at the users own risk, almost every site i've been to recommends using full seal (which all come with a strap to tighten..), which if correctly fitted shouldn't fall off under any normal impact..

And? Legs bruise easily. 

Regardless, it's another thing that is up to the discretion of the site, if a site allows them, and you don't like it, go elsewhere? 

I'm not saying I don't like them all I'm saying is people don't use them how they are intended which I have seen on numerous occasions which have has on occasion led to them being banned for a number of games if not totally.

I've seen full seal googles knocked off numerous times over the years largely again through people being silly.

• Supporters

Alpha-Tec, yet another Keith Brown borderline-scam shop.  I've lost count of the number of failed 'businesses' he's run over the years, anyone who's been airsofting for enough years will have either heard of the man himself or one of his many misadventures in manufacture and customisation services for airsoft products.

Avoid.   Avoid.   Avoid.

• Supporters

Already avoided, thanks.  You think someone with said history would have figured out how to create an e-commerce site that at least looks credible, but it just reeks of "Yeah, if I feel like it."

• Supporters
On 11/09/2017 at 10:35 PM, gray134 said:

The TRMR is a .209 US version, the base holds 1 ready to fire and 8 more locked in the base by the black wheel, turn the wheel till a notch sits over the primer and the primer slides out.  much quicker to rearm than scrabbling around for primers in a pocket or pouch

That does look neat.  I've just got a TRMR and was wondering about the advisability of carrying a bag-o-blanks near my groin.  Is there a common carrying solution for blanks?

Just brought the CYMA 40mm pistol, will eventually have 4 shower shells. 

Thinking of a couple of the viper grenade pouches to hold them, anyone use these pouches? Can they store 2 grenades well? 

Love the the idea of the water bottle holder for the pistol

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, P13 said:

Just brought the CYMA 40mm pistol, will eventually have 4 shower shells. 

Thinking of a couple of the viper grenade pouches to hold them, anyone use these pouches? Can they store 2 grenades well? 

Love the the idea of the water bottle holder for the pistol

not used the viper pouches but they look ok for the smaller 40mm shells (100 bb types).  I went with the pouches from warrior assault systems as they can also hold a trmr or larger moscart shells 

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Rogerborg said:

That does look neat.  I've just got a TRMR and was wondering about the advisability of carrying a bag-o-blanks near my groin.  Is there a common carrying solution for blanks?

had the same worry with the 9mm blanks for the dynatex grenade, picked up a EDC pill box from amazon for a few quid, made of aluminium and holds around 10 9mm blanks.

On 29/09/2017 at 9:26 PM, Rogerborg said:

.209s?

Just whack them in a tic tac box! 

Archived