Propane Gas Safety

Thokarn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Where in my house is an ideal location for my propane tank, and how do I transport it to and from games?

• Head Moderator
39 minutes ago, Thokarn said:

Where in my house is an ideal location for my propane tank, and how do I transport it to and from games?

Can you be more specific about the size of the tank, and how do you travel to games?

I use green gas, which is propane with the added silicone oil, and is just a standard sized can/bottle of Abbey Predator 700ml & 270ml.  I keep the bottles stored in an old ammunition tin, placed a cupboard out of the sun or on a shelf in the garage. The ammo tin may be excessive but it helps me find the gas more easily than just on a shelf with other tins.  I carry the gas in my kit bag to and from games, boot of the car to safe zone.  I do not carry any gas into a skirmish.

Like straight up propane, no added silicon oil. It's mean't to be for camping but I've brought a propane adapter and plan to use it for my GBBR in the colder months.

The brand is Colemans and it's a 465g cannister.

Store in a cool dry place and ventilated place and out of the reach of children will be just fine.

So out of direct sunlight generally do not expose to temperatures above 49 degrees C,  :)

And 100% take the adapter off when not in use and when traveling with it..

When it comes to transporting it to games and clubs etc, you have a few choices, either a little hard case or tool box but also your standard gear bag will do, just use common sense when transporting it, keeping it protected is always better then not, the pure propane cylinders are mostly made from steel so are much stronger then airsoft green gas tin cans.

ATB, Marc..

Archived