TOP 5 AEG Brands, I need your help

kn1ght hawks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All  :)

I will be returning to airsoft after about 10 years  :/   due to ill health

ive been watching a lot of youtube reviews about AEG guns and brands but id like to get a discussion going on here with what YOU think is the top 5 brands.

Im looking at buying a M4 or 416. My budget is around £300, so i would like a good quality gun with good internals and the latest stuff.

i know spending the top end of my budget should get me a better quality AEG and it will last me much much longer and thats fine.

but i dont know what the good and bad brands are, i just dont want to spend all my budget on a AEG then find out that brand has known issues

So what id like to ask is could you please post your top 5 brands, i hope that enough forum members will leave me a good amount of info so i can make a good choice and avoid the lower end brands.

many thanks for your time and i look forward to your views and top 5 Brands

• Head Moderator

My top 2 brands are TM and Krytac.  You may want to look at ICS, G&G, and G&P.

Thank you for your reply guys.   but so far my topic has had 50 views and only 2 replys..  come on guys & girls

you all have good and bad views on brands so let me know....

A lot of the youtube videos ive been watching all say that Krytac are great guns and leading the market for quality

is this correct ?

Krytac are good out of the box and will suit those who don't particularly want to mess around with the inner workings of their guns.

However, their external build quality isn't the best. Their M4 variants seem to be pot metal and commonly snap at the lower receiver (towards the rear). As long as you're not using it to smash down doors, it'll be fine. I personally don't see why there's such hype surrounding them though. Not trying to bring them down or anything but I'm just pointing out that they're not the 'perfect' company the majority seem to make them out to be.

Forever wishing AF-UK allowed you to upload images larger than 0.00001kb...

Here's the point at which they're weak:

https://krytac.forumchitchat.com/post/fragile-lower-receivers-8585585

As aforementioned, ICS, G&G, TM and G&P are incredible choices. G&P also has great external build quality. TM are usually plastic but they're magical internally. G&G are cheap and cheerful, they'll get the job done. ICS seem to have always been brilliant and their split gearbox design is very convenient. I've also heard nothing but good things from Specna Arms and their quick spring change system.

Realistically, you're not going to go wrong with any of these brands. If I were in your situation then I'd probably be leaning toward G&P, but that's just personal preference.

I have AEG's from ICS (M4 CQB), SRC  (M4) TM(MP5), G&G(SCAR and G36C recoil)and Bolt (BR47 recoil)

The only one that ever causes me any grief (or rather my daughter) is the ICS, it's temperamental with mags and regularly, but not always, fires on full auto only..

Krytac have managed to nail the balance between components, and then put them together with enough care that they perform to their potential. The apparent weakness in the rear of the receiver can be put down to the fact that there is no screw tying the buffer tube and the gearbox together keeping that part of the receiver in compression, due to the quick change spring.

G&P are solidly engineered internally, especially their 8mm bearing gearboxes, and have some of the best out of the box externals, but are a little let down by the weak stock magnets in their motors. However, I've got a M120 motor fitted with decent neodymium magnets and it is superb, excellently engineered.

E&L and Specna Arms are similar internally to G&P, with solid, well thought out engineering and quite well assembled, although they could benefit from a little tweaking. There are more polymer air seal parts than the G&P, and again, the motors do the job rather than being great. The externals aren't quite as nice as G&P but only if you're nit picking.

SRC are very average internally. The gearbox shells are seeming made of cheese, and so far are the only ones I've ever had to helicoil to repair threads. The "Ultra High Torque" motors are particularly dire, but the magnets are good for transplanting into other, better motors.

• Supporters

Not sure about top 5 but I've always rated TM on the basis they shoot well and the only issues I have ever experienced have been fixed with cleaning or been down to user error.

I own a Krytac and a G&P LMG and the G&P is so much better in every aspect(fire rate, trigger response and accuracy as well as external build, although the M63 stocks are known to crack) except mag capacity. I don't even think the Krytac is a lemon it just is very disappointing in comparison. On the flip side I know multiple people that have had horrible feeding issues with G&P M4s that they have never been able to fix.

• Supporters

No one has mentioned ares!

i know what your thinking, ares of old was/had rubbish internals, but they have changed in a massive way.

there amoeba range (and the vz58 range) is brilliant, and well worth the money, there electronic trigger is simply amazing out of the box performance.

• Supporters

Can't believe the TM are plastic thing is still going... the recoil shock range (basically the only ones worth buying) have NEVER been made in plastic and have been on sale for nearly a decade now!

Best out of the box AEG is without doubt a TM, Krytac come close but they're lacking features the TM has. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, kn1ght hawks said:

OK So Another Question to you guys......

What is the best M4 to buy ?   i have around £300    ...    what would you buy ???  

thanks again for all you help and time...   :)

Best advice I can give is to go to a field play a few games, talk to a few people and see if they will let you have a hold off there gun etc

there is no best, there are lots and lots off good guns, but no gun is the best for everyone 

also so if you have not got a defense yet it could prove to be a stumbling block

On 19/08/2017 at 11:23 PM, sp00n said:

Best advice I can give is to go to a field play a few games, talk to a few people and see if they will let you have a hold off there gun etc

there is no best, there are lots and lots off good guns, but no gun is the best for everyone 

also so if you have not got a defense yet it could prove to be a stumbling block

Thanks for the reply buddy,    as you speak im working on my defense.. so not going to be a problem..

because i only really have the one big hit of money £300+ for my AEG i dont want to get it wrong as you can understand i sure

im just trying to get a good census  with all you guys views  so i know what to look at and what to avoid. 

thank you

Archived