Made My Scar L Suppressor Look Awesome Again :)

Marc.RG1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, just over a week ago i finally got round to restoring My scar L suppressor, i took the camo paint off the suppressor tube but left it on the QD fitting, i think it looks awesome like this and really suits the rifle..

The top section on the picture was how it looked before and bottom is how it looks now. :)

i6qc9dal.jpg

Here are some progress pictures.. I used Dail paint remover to remove the camo paint then i used some RS silicone Oil to bring back the nice black finish on the suppressor tube..

PDet8SQl.jpg

kUZ68nnl.jpg

8PWyryBl.jpg

vg4y97kl.jpg

Im liking how this looks now, it really suits the tan and black finish look i have gone for on my custom Scar L..

j8f0Vxql.jpg

Got a few things on my list to do, like a few reviews and a prize giveaway video but hopefully in a week or so i can do a little bit more to the scar like changing and test a few new hop up rubbers and correcting the POI. Cant wait.  :D

Happy Shooting All...
ATB, Marc..

Honestly, nice work!

I've seen many attempts at paint removal and they usually come out looking a bit dodgy at best, but you've done a perfect job on that.

I'll be keeping Diall's in mind should I ever need to remove paint!

hi bigblackglock, thank you mate..

dial works great for removing paint, but be careful when using it on something that has weak paint underneath, as it can and will remove the original paint finish under the extra added paint and take it back to bare metal, ive used dial paint remover to strip some guns back down to bare metal to then mirror polish them, if you leave the paint remover on for long enough it will eat through most paint finishes on guns.

ebSaadXl.jpg

wfRu9yBl.jpg

nc1ZX0Cl.jpg

8zncFzjl.jpg

so only use dial paint remover on something that is either dyed painted or blued etc, not sure what the original paint method is on these suppressors, but paint remover does not effect them so it was perfect and fast to remove the extra added spray paint that the last owner added. i just applied it, left it for around 1 minute then wiped of off and repeated that until it was all removed..

Another good method thats takes longer but more friendly for the original paint finish but will still remove most extra added spray paints is ipa pure alcohol..

If you have not seen it yet, look at my scar protect video, my whole scar was covered in the same camo paint as the suppressor was inside and out, i removed it all and took it back to its original finish using ipa pure alcohol, and painted some parts myself.. lol took ages but was worth it..

Happy shooting mate.

ATB, Marc..

Thank you for such a detailed response!

I would never have guessed that your SCAR has been painted, looks incredible.

I've actually wanted to strip some guns down to their bare metal so that's very useful information. 

I'll definitely take a look at that video and leave a comment :)

Cheers!

No problem at all mate, if you use the dial to get the get parts etc back to bare metal, just slap it on the parts, bag them up and leave them for a few hours, if you ever need any help on how to get a mirror polished finish just let me know, ill send you a step by step.. 

the only bits i painted on my scar was the controls and flash hider, the rest i just restored to its original paint finish but the video will explain and show all clearer anyway. :)

lol i need a new project now..

ATB, Marc..

Archived