Long time coming

Hales84
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm due to play my very first Airsoft game up in the North East which has been a long time coming and I'm taking along a few work friends who seem really interested in the idea and keep asking questions, which sadly I don't have the answers to, so I thought i'd bring it to the experienced players. Does it vary from skirmish to skirmish what equipment you're provided with? i.e. i have friends who will be turning up in old tracksuit bottoms and hoodies and they're wondering how they will carry the magazines etc? I myself will be wearing mid top walking boots along with Army issue camo trousers and Ubacs T-Shirt courtesy of my brother-in-law who spent 22 years in the Army but what about chest rigs or tatical vests, are these provided or not? Thanks for the help 

• Head Moderator

I think it all depends on the site.  My hire games in the UCAP Bunker came with gun, mask mask, one hi-cap magazine, 2/3 full bottle BBs, helmet.  The Mall issue a tactical vest which has places to put mags and highlights those hiring kit, so new players to site can be helped.  Both these are indoor CQB.

Check the site webpage (if they have one) or give them a call and ask what kit they provide.

They do have a website just not much info with regards to new players so I think I will give them a ring or drop them an email so see what they provide with the fee. Thanks for the help :)

Generally rental packages I have seen include the basics so Gun, full mask, 1/2 high cap mags , some camo overalls and a bottle of ammo. Some of the paint ball site's I have been to supply a belt which fits the bottle of ammo in but tbh most rentals I see get along fine with the spare mag in their pocket and a bottle of ammo at spawn point. 

As for clothing, for first games this really doesn't matter, just make sure you are comfortable and happy to get them dirty. I'd personally have something long sleeved and some cargo trousers for the pockets but I've seen people turn up in skinny jeans and they got along fine. Gloves are good and make grabbing things(stops splinters , thorns , nettles etc etc) and holding the gun more comfortable in general  and Boots are important to help protect ankles if you trip etc

Most places will issue a single hi cap magazine with the hire gun, mask/eye pro and sometimes coveralls. You will also generally get a bottle of BBS which you'll need to carry around as you'll burn through ammo fast the first time you play. I remember looking at the bottle the first time and thinking "That's loads...". I was buying another bottle by lunchtime!

Work trousers with big cargo pockets are cheap and tough, with enough space for ammo, snacks and most importantly a bottle of water. Believe me, you'll need it.

Gloves are a good idea, and a hat that covers your forehead, because that's the first thing you stick out from behind cover and getting shot on bony parts really bloody hurts.!

Archived