M4 custom DMR (on the cheap)

MajorSharpe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to buy a cheap second hand M4 and upgrade it slowly to a DMR. In an ideal world I would love a 15" barrel rail and bipod with FPS around 400 mark and good hop up and a nice tight ol' barrel. but of course its all money.

I also have no clue about custom building but i enjoy abit of tinkering trickery.

Any advice on the matter would be great!

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, MajorSharpe said:

Not unless you're in the US.

Depends how far you're going to go in terms of replacing parts. If you're just looking for a metal shell and you'll replace all the gearbox etc then you could do worse than having a look at buying part guns here http://www.airsoftspareparts.com/index.php?route=common/home

Look in the classifieds here for M4's or post a Wanted ad for a boneyard M4 to use as a base. I've just picked up a Tokyo Marui boneyard M4 for £50 so you can certainly get something better than all three of those for the money!

You want an inner barrel that's shorter for a DMR, so you get a more favourable cylinder /barrel ratio to suit heavier BBs.

The Specna Arms receivers are good looking and nicely made, but you really want to check that the outer barrel is a good fit as that joint wants to be good and solid.

A JG or G&P 8mm gearbox will be up to the job of handling a M120 spring, but a heavier piston will be a better match for heavy BBs, so look out for something like the Lonex red.

Consider a decent programmable Mosfet that supports pre cocking for instant trigger response, and to make it simple to lock the gun to semi auto only so it can actually be used as a DMR at skirmishes.

Archived