Blank Firers or PFC Guns

CARBr6
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have put this into the "Off Topic" as it isn't to do with Airsoft.

One of my other hobbies is theatre, and we have a show coming up soon that requires an onstage firearm. Normally I provide these from my collection, however in this instance I need a smaller gun so I'm looking around for a snub nose revolver or a PPK auto, however I am really struggling to find places that sell blank firers or Plug Fire Cap Guns, I have sent a message to John at plugfirecapgunsuk.com and hope to hear back from him pretty soon but does anyone know of anywhere else that sells either Blank Firers or PFCs?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Be careful about using blank firers - you still need to keep a safe distance from your target, and also you may run into insurance and H&S issues if you don't offer hearing protection to those in close proximity. I would suggest a PFC, combined with a well-timed good old fashioned plimsole smack would be your best bet, or just the PFC on its own. But beware, PFC guns are also very unreliable.

Thanks for the advice @AshOnSnow, I have been using Blank Firers and PFC guns for many years now and am well experienced with both and have been trained on the proper stage usage accordingly.

I don't find PFC's to be unreliable, they take more looking after than a blank firer and if they aren't properly cleaned and lubricated regularly (i.e. after every use) then they will deteriorate and jam up. But provided that proper care is taken and the caps are loaded correctly then they fire every time quite happily.

Archived