Ares Vector clone

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Has anyone seen the Ares Vector clone ( Gen 2 ) smg. Any reviews on the gun it can't be advertised but i've seen one in a shop when going to look at the A&K version. A&K was so much heavier and £350, Ares £390, Kriss supposed tO be £449. Does it warrant saving the £50-£60.

"Balls Deep airsoft" on Facebook have had 2 of the Ares Vectors for quite some time so it'd probably be worth asking them.

Ares seem to have kept this project incredibly quiet so reviews will most definitely be hard to come by as hardly anyone knows about it.

I wouldn't suggest getting the A&K though, it's horrible both internally and externally.

I can't imagine a company that has spent a wedge making a gun would keep it quiet... the only reason to do so is if it is poo

2 hours ago, PT247 said:

I can't imagine a company that has spent a wedge making a gun would keep it quiet... the only reason to do so is if it is poo

They seem to have added all the trademarks and whatnot without permission from Kriss. I contacted Balls Deep airsoft about a month ago when they posted a picture of them (as I couldn't identify the make) and they wouldn't release any information about it other than saying "a company [Ares] will be releasing the untrademarked version sooner than the Krytac".

I recall something about the trademarked versions being prototypes so I can imagine why they wanted to keep the project quiet with the potential issues that could arise with Kriss.

Then again, it doesn't make sense why they made them (the trademarked ones) in the first place. I don't know the specifics for sure and this is all just stuff I've heard.

As BBG stated the shop in question (of which you have been to PT247) said it was all about the licensing as they look exactly like the Kriss version complete with trademarks. The shop guy said that Ares were making them for Kriss?, hence the secret clones. It will be hard to see the difference on a 10m chrono alley. £50 cheaper and available now!

Was never looking at the A&K version, just wanted the son to see if he liked the fill of the gun before buying then the shop showed him the Ares clone.

2 hours ago, sniperslucky said:

It will be hard to see the difference on a 10m chrono alley.

The only difference I was able to spot (which is why I contacted Balls Deep airsoft as no other company had done this) was that the Ares Vector was built with a gen 2 upper and lower receiver (like Krytac) but with a gen 1 stock (like KWA). I'm unsure if this was only applicable to the versions I saw or if all of the Ares clones area built the same way. 

To be honest, I think it'd be way better than the A&K. For starters, it's definitely better externally. The fire selector on the A&K is in the wrong place by far, the ejection port isn't even there and it's untrademarked which just looks odd. Also, the A&K stock is incredibly basic and doesn't even include the cheek rest.

Albeit a mash up of the gen 1 and 2, at least the Ares looks the part! 

23 minutes ago, sniperslucky said:

Is this why the are naming it the Gen2 .45 SMG and not a Vector?

I can only assume so. Bit like why the A&K is called the MOD 1 instead of Vector. No one else has the licensing from Kriss aside from Krytac, who just happen to be a development team of Kriss. The only other licensed airsoft Vector would be KWA's GBB model which got discontinued on 2013 due to Kriss ending their licensing agreement with KWA.

Is there no chance of trying the Ares vector at that shop?

I tried the Krytac at Proairsoftsupplies and it wasn't impressive at all. You can't really rapid fire it on semi auto and the 2 round burst is not that great. Full auto is decent but average. Not even worth half the retail price imo.

We could try at the shop but they only have about a 5m range to shoot it which won't really show what the gun shots like at any other distance.

Archived