Advice on selling

tobygh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good afternoon all, first off sorry I'm sure this has been covered previously but I'm looking for some information.

I'm looking to sell my airsoft guns, I skirmished many moons ago before the laws came into play where you'd have to be registered to own an airsoft gun, I myself am not registered and haven't skirmished for several years, I'm selling the guns as its pointless them being here and someone else may as well enjoy them as I once did. I'm aware I need to ensure the buyer is over the age of 18 (all of the guns are RIF's not two tones) What else do I need to find out from the buyer?

Any/All help appreciated 

depending on what defence is given.

if it's UKARA then you can either try getting in contact with UKARA directly to check or contact your local airsoft shop and ask if they can verify their number. you use to be able to do this manually but since their DB issue this feature isn't available.

If they give their site as a defence then it's the same as above in that you would need to contact the site to confirm they play there regularly 

13 hours ago, springs said:

depending on what defence is given.

if it's UKARA then you can either try getting in contact with UKARA directly to check or contact your local airsoft shop and ask if they can verify their number. you use to be able to do this manually but since their DB issue this feature isn't available.

If they give their site as a defence then it's the same as above in that you would need to contact the site to confirm they play there regularly 

Thanks for that, really helpful, I've not played in years and thus am so out of touch with the laws, needed to be sure before selling to anyone. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 06/08/2017 at 3:44 PM, rocketdogbert said:

The buyer need to have a defense.

Why would the buyer need a defence?  They're not committing any offence.

• Root Admin

The defence is there to be provided to the seller so that they're not committing an offence though. So yeh, whilst there's nothing illegal for the buyer to be without a defence, any seller that knows the law isn't going to sell to you without one so that's probably what he means.

Just now, proffrink said:

The defence is there to be provided to the seller so that they're not committing an offence though. So yeh, whilst there's nothing illegal for the buyer to be without a defence, any seller that knows the law isn't going to sell to you without one so that's probably what he means.

This

Archived