Stealth tips for snipers

Therealryanbolt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Keep slow, low and steady, movement is the number one thing that gets you caught. Keep an eye on where the other team are looking at and focusing on, then move in from a slightly different direction etc, don't cycle the bolt straight after firing either, don't give your position away by moving so soon after, that's when they'll be looking for you 

Know that you will hit what you're aiming at, and then use black BBs. You won't be able to track them to the target, but the target won't see them coming either. One less thing to give away your position.

Keep to shadows and be aware of your silhouette against the background.

But in truth you might have time for a couple of shots before someone figures out where you are, so you need to be prepared to move quickly and often. Even with a fully upgraded sniper rifle your range advantage is so slight that it only takes someone with a half decent AEG a few seconds to close the distance and hose you with 20rps.

It's worth playing a few skirmishes with an AEG before you take a BASR out, just so you can become really familiar with the field and figure out the pinch points and the sight lines where you can make those long range shots on unsuspecting players.

• Supporters

Move after a couple of shots or as soon as they have a good guess where you are.

Only engage targets you can overcome.

When not engaging, move slow.

When hiding, look behind you to check your background from the enemy's point of view. Check if your camo blends into that.

Just use 3rd person view :)

In all seriousness, I have been shot by snipers and not even known where they are, the one time I saw one, me and him were exchanging BB's that were never going to reach which was funny.

Archived