Going to airsoft on your own (Solo)

Eagle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys

Ive really got addicted to airsoft and want to go as much as possible, my friends cannot do the same. Brings me onto my question. Is it weird to attend skirmish days on your own? Has anyone done it before?

thanks

None of my mates are interested so I go solo but generally people there are friendly and everyone of all ages talks to you about your guns etc so I've never found it an issue

Plenty of people go alone, it doesn't take long to get to know people so you've got people to talk to. But in game it really doesn't make much odds anyway 

Depending on the site, you'll usually lose your mates 10 seconds after "Game On" is called anyway (especially in CQB with lots of corners etc.).

As far as sports go, in my experience Airsoft has a very friendly & welcoming community. 

Never been to a game on my own but know plenty who have and if the circumstances meant nobody I knew would join me on a skirmish day I'd happily fly solo. 

I'm planning to do the same as I can't find any mates to go with, which sites are you looking to go to?

I was supposed to go to Anzio last Saturday with my little bro but the dick didn't get out of bed, so I went on my own. Went with the flow of people for the first couple of hours, decided to lone wolf it for a bit until I got talking to a guy called Tyler. His first game there. Me and him spent the last few hours clearing buildings with epic success. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun. I've never felt like I couldn't talk to anyone once. We're all big kids playing soldier!

• Supporters

I did my first game "on my own" this Sunday. Probably one of the best games I have done in a long time.

Met a new bunch of awesome guys, including a forum member, say hi @Crashtest33

We completed all objectives with great success, had a lot of laughs and got shot to pieces after deciding to suicide the last game objective. 

Anyone considering ing going on your own, I highly recommend just going, playing the first round and get chatty, you'll never have more fun!

I tend to have to go on my own alot, mainly because most of my mates work on weird shift patterns which govern their weekends. Not really that unusual, and it's a great way of meeting new people.

ive done a couple of mid week games on my own. it all depends on what sort of person you are and how you interact with others. 

when i last went it was a pretty quiet night so although i spoke to some during the games i just kept to myself for most of it.

I started playing on my own. Knew no-one and didn't expect much. Kept going and all my mates I've met at my local site.

I guess it'd be different as I play CQB but I'm sure you can find some people to stick with and work with. Hell, you might even meet a new group to have fun with at times.

I went alone from day one then my mates started getting interested. Still go on my own from time to time as schedules don't match. Most of the time you get separated anyway.

But regardless I enjoy going on my own, and I've met some amazing people while playing and even through the forums.

It is what you make of it, so go out there have fun, sling some plastic BB's & call your hits ^_^

• Moderators

Alone and you'll be fine :)

i go mostly now with my brother but like above, often lose each other as we do different things, only time a radio comes in useful sometimes :lol::lol::lol:

Going solo is absolutely fine fella...

...and for airsoft too.

I normally go solo (Airsoft), sometimes my cousin joins me (for airsoft) but for the most part I'm going on my own.

you slowly start to build a network of people that you meet while skirmishing, and after a couple games it won't feel that you are going on your own anymore. 

• Supporters

Used to go on my own a lot, you'll still have a great time, and probably make a few good friends along the way- from that point you likely wont end up going on your own anymore :)

i remember a thread identical to this not so long ago probably worth a search to check there comments... anyway for me since getting back into airsoft iv been going alone , you soon get talking to people and after a few game days it really doesnt feel like your alone anymore,your see the same faces and some new ones each time and with everything going on its really really easy to make conversation with people weather its about kit ,guns the game etc etc  , but then if you travel to a different/new site alone then it starts all over so you will learn to live with it and enjoy it, also just remember everyone there at some point would of been in your situation its they have been going to that site long enough to get to know other regulars ...

• Mostly Retired Moderators

It's odd, because the thought of going on my own feels strange, but in all honesty the only time I interact with my mates is in the safe zone or quick moments passing each other in the game.

So... Playing on my own shouldn't be an issue! :)

My buddy played solo for the first time at the mall tonight, so I'll see how he got on :)

Going on your own shouldn't feel odd at all, especially if you're going to your local site.

I've only gone to airsoft with mates a total of 3 times, however by now I know a good 90% of all the regulars (at least i know them as "the guy with LEDs on his muzzle to simulate muzzle flash, the sniper dude with camo wrap" etc) and the marshals are always good for a laugh. Most of everyone will happily chat sh*t with anyone during game breaks or in the respawn area while reloading etc.

I'd probably learn more of their names. But seeing as most of them I only recognise through their kit/weapon during games there's not much point to me unless they ask (i'm terrible at remembering peoples names)

Its pretty normal to go alone, just go and talk and make friends you be fine. Or just go an stay silent and dont dare talk to the bastards your about to slaughter rambo style with a hicap full of the finest plastic ball bearings money can buy...

My second visit (Skirmish Central) was on my own and I had a great time. When playing you're part of a team (unless you want to go solo) so you'll mix with people. In the breaks just chat and ask about Guns and Kit, couldn't be an easier icebreaker and you'll find out about the gear you may buy in the future

From my experience, you are more likely to speak to other players going solo. Teams do stick to themselves.

Archived