Flashbang Gas Canister / Charger And Info For You

Marc.RG1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all..

The other day i got myself a flashbang gas charger, its looks quite cool and to be honest its a lot more solidly built then i thought it would be..

VVelAqFh.jpg

kgqgADgh.jpg

Function wise its not too bad, i personal dont thing it fills mags up quite as efficiently as when done directly from a green gas or pure propane canister, but it worked ok..

When i first tried it on my pistol magazines it was barely even filling them up, most of the gas was escaping, at first i thought it might have been faulty but on closer inspection i noticed that the fill nozzle hole on the flashbang gas charger was nearly twice the size of the hole on the fill nozzles on standard green gas and propane adapter nozzles, as you can see in this picture..

jxR8tcwh.jpg

So when trying to filly a pistol magazines (TM and WE) that have small thin fill valve pins the gas was escaping and not filling the mags barely at all..

But the Gas blowback rifle magazines have a slightly larger fill valve pin so filling them was just fine as they fill the hole in the flashbang gas charger fill nozzle, this is hopefully not an issue for the pistol mags though i have just ordered an abbey fill nozzle extension piece, so i can them put that on the flashbang gas charger nozzle and fill pistol mags with it..

Ive not heard this info before so it would be interesting to know how many other people have come across this?.. I will have to include all this info and demonstrate it when doing a video on them..

Happy Shooting All..

ATB, Marc..

I bought one of these that looks like your typical frag grenade. Has all the markings and such. However the nozzle was too short to reach into my hi-capa mags to gas them up so it remains a cool looking paperweight on my desk at home lol :D

Ooh, cheers this could work. only problem is keepting the nozzle extension with it when i'm not using it haha.

• Root Admin

Always been against buying one of these because of the intrinsic problem of reducing the overall pressure of the gas when you distribute it across three containers (bottle -> grenade -> mag) rather than the usual two. Will make a single bottle reach the point of 'not being worth charging a mag with' a fair bit faster. If you're using propane I guess this is less of a deal though and of course using Guarder Power Up or Nuprol 4.0 would be the most efficient way to use it with green gas, so I'd be curious to know how many less refills you'd get off a bottle if using one of those two with/without the grenade.

5 hours ago, Seany.exe said:

Ooh, cheers this could work. only problem is keepting the nozzle extension with it when i'm not using it haha.

Lol yeah I had one before and lost it, make sure you buy the double pack :)

23 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Always been against buying one of these because of the intrinsic problem of reducing the overall pressure of the gas when you distribute it across three containers (bottle -> grenade -> mag) rather than the usual two. Will make a single bottle reach the point of 'not being worth charging a mag with' a fair bit faster. If you're using propane I guess this is less of a deal though and of course using Guarder Power Up or Nuprol 4.0 would be the most efficient way to use it with green gas, so I'd be curious to know how many less refills you'd get off a bottle if using one of those two with/without the grenade.

Hi mate, yep I totally agree, the only reason I bought this myself was because I got it used from a member on here for £11 posted.. There is definitely a pressure / gas efficiency drop when using it and your right that's another way of looking at it, when using it you can be wasting money..  I will only be using it on occasion like when I just want to test a gun or have a very quick shoot and when I do now that I tested it with airsoft green gas I will only be using it with pure propane now as I get that for free, I'll stick to using airsoft green gas straight from its can to the mags..

On Tuesday when I go to gun club I'll see exactly how much of a difference it makes when using the flashbang with the scar l gbbr, be interesting doing..

Happy shooting all.

ATB, Marc..

On 30/07/2017 at 5:37 AM, Seany.exe said:

lol just a quick update, dont buy one of those abbey extension nozzle they are a bit rubbish too, lol its one extreme to another the hole in the abbey extension nozzle is tiny, too small for my TM mag fill valves..

46 minutes ago, Seany.exe said:

xD fair enough, Guess i'll just use it as a cool AF paperweight :D

Lol me two I think mate. And maybe use it once in a blue more for the scar gbbr mag, paper weight or shelf ornaments sounds better though lol..

Happy shooting :)

Archived