Eye protection - revision sawflys ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm just wanting to know people's thoughts on military issue Revision Sawfly glasses.

Found a pair online £34. (3 changeable lenses)

Certified to ANSI Z87.1 - tried to find the answer online but everything is a bit vague,

Are these suitable for airsoft? Anyone recommend these?

Thanks for your help

27 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Yes, they'll stop shotgun pellets, Airsoft wont challenge them at all. 

Thanks mate, that's good enough for me :)

Just received mine today. Best made glasses I've ever seen. £35 +2 extra lenses? Deal of the century. I've already been looking to another pair for when I inevitably lose mine :-) 

22 minutes ago, AgentofEvil said:

Just received mine today. Best made glasses I've ever seen. £35 +2 extra lenses? Deal of the century. I've already been looking to another pair for when I inevitably lose mine :-) 

I'll definately get myself some then, cheers :)

• Moderators

i have set of sawflies, only use them when at chrono etc. at moment as they seem to fog up more than my goggles during games....do like them though, :) 

i've been using mine in airsoft for a good 6 months now.

Pros:

Good face coverage, i wear a mesh lower face protector with them and the gap between them is less than a few mm so chances of a stray round getting behind them are small

You can get the prescription lens inserts so if you wear glasses then that's a bonus

3 sets of lenses that are quick and easy to change (clear, tinted and yellow)

Cons:

fog up very quickly when combined with facepro, iv'e lost count of the amount of times iv'e had to call myself out and wipe them down because i cant see crap, this is despite having used just about every type of anti fog treatment going. They do work much better without any facepro but since i mainly play CQB i value my teeth too much to ditch the mesh guard.

I'll add that this is my own personal experience, i know that i sweat like a peado in a playground as i ten dto be more of an active player.

32 minutes ago, Roundel91 said:

i've been using mine in airsoft for a good 6 months now.

Pros:

Good face coverage, i wear a mesh lower face protector with them and the gap between them is less than a few mm so chances of a stray round getting behind them are small

You can get the prescription lens inserts so if you wear glasses then that's a bonus

3 sets of lenses that are quick and easy to change (clear, tinted and yellow)

Cons:

fog up very quickly when combined with facepro, iv'e lost count of the amount of times iv'e had to call myself out and wipe them down because i cant see crap, this is despite having used just about every type of anti fog treatment going. They do work much better without any facepro but since i mainly play CQB i value my teeth too much to ditch the mesh guard.

I'll add that this is my own personal experience, i know that i sweat like a peado in a playground as i ten dto be more of an active player.

Hmm,  I may have to rethink then, fogging up is my main issue too. The Valken Vtac Zulu glasses with thermal lenses will probably suit me best in this case, because I'd wear face pro with them too, thanks for that mate :) 

• Supporters

Have a look at ESS glasses, if you use the no-go cloth they come with they tend to be very good with regards to steaming up. Depends person to person though, some people just cause it more than others 

• Moderators

As above, we all react differently so you may find your fine in sawflies than myself or others

also, the mask will help push warmer air up as you breathe so will help with fogging....so ive been told and read many times :) 

I use Sawflys they are great until you I put a lower mask on but I heat up like a crazy person on meth so this is more than likely me causing this, pretty sure I could fog up mesh glasses :lol:

seriously though give them a try and if the don't work sell them on, I have found most set-up's are down to personal experience

12 minutes ago, asbo1991 said:

I use Sawflys they are great until you I put a lower mask on but I heat up like a crazy person on meth so this is more than likely me causing this, pretty sure I could fog up mesh glasses :lol:

seriously though give them a try and if the don't work sell them on, I have found most set-up's are down to personal experience

Thanks for you help, but I too am a very hot sweaty person, so I think thermal lenses option by valken may be a better choice for me

cheers

Loads of pairs kicking around War and Peace show from twenty notes, similar prices on eBay. Look really nice.

• Supporters

This may help you guys, I have a team mate who uses a pretty cool idea to rid himself of the infamous Fog of Airsoft. 

He uses two small magnets with a piece of cloth in between them, you can then move the outside magnet around and the cloth clears the internal fog. 

Might be be worth a try?

28 minutes ago, Prisce said:

This may help you guys, I have a team mate who uses a pretty cool idea to rid himself of the infamous Fog of Airsoft. 

He uses two small magnets with a piece of cloth in between them, you can then move the outside magnet around and the cloth clears the internal fog. 

Might be be worth a try?

If I'm picturing that right, would it block any field of vision?

• Supporters

Depends on the size of the lenses on the goggles, his goggles are large so it doesn't block much, but I guess a little blocked vision is better than full blocked vision from fog.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

That's a good idea actually.. 

I suppose it only needs to be small piece of material, say a 10mm circle.

Hide it in the bottom corner of your goggs until need it.

Interesting, might give it a go - if I ever experience any fog ever due to my amazing goggles and Anti-fog wipes :lol:

• Moderators

Aaarh the good old fish tank cleaner method :)

my goggles are ok, ESSv12s and bullet ants have no foam, as not needed in airsoft and a wipe with fogtech, currently trying abbey anti fog , my fan goggles I generally have only odd drops but wipe again at lunch 

I'd need two small magnets and knowing my luck it would smear or fall apart!!!:lol:

Archived