Paintfest / Fireball Squadron Airsoft weekender

Tommikka
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is anyone on here coming to the Airsoft weekender at NPF this weekend?

Paintfest is a major paintball festival / big game scenario which ties in with their monthly walkons which run on a rolling basis through the Diamond Wars scenario.

This year they are tieing it in with their home Fireball Squadron.

For the 5th year running I'll be there as part of TFD on behalf of Enola Gaye running one of the mini games on Friday and Saturday in the NPF kill house.

When I'm not down at the killhouse I'll most likely be chilling around soaking up the atmosphere.

It you're about come over and say hi.

http://www.npfbassettspole.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Playerspack.pdf

Looks like fun actually, but I wont be in attendance due to my Airsoft Ban. 

However that does look like something I could look at next year. Do you work for Enola Gaye?

11 hours ago, Robert James said:

Looks like fun ........ Do you work for Enola Gaye?

It is good fun, I don't work for Enola Gaye but they sponsor my scenario team and support us when we produce events.

I come from the paintball side, but know a few airsofters and we have run a few airsoft games at our local.

This is the first time that I'm aware of airsoft being such a big element of Paintfest, but it's a large event with numerous things going on across the long weekend. I'm sure they have had something airsoft related in the past.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
23 hours ago, Robert James said:

I wont be in attendance due to my Airsoft Ban. 

... waitasec, what have I missed? When did you get banned from airsofting?

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

When did you get banned from airsofting?

Keep up.  It was an edict from his Home General; pre wedding safety to ensure the photos are not ruined...

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Ah I see.

He was banned under the International Regulation of airsofting. Rule E7, subsection 12:

One should not participate in the Skirmish of BB projectiles under the guidance of the thumb of the female spouse.

;)

• 3 weeks later...

As a follow up, here is a photoset of our Battle Royale games in the Killhouse:

https://m.facebook.com/pg/TaskForceDelta/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1517556648290805&ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

(It's paintball, but most of the weapons were funny specials)

On my photography page I have a couple of other photo sets, curiously I appear to have only one airsoft related photo in the 'out and about' set.

Im convinced I took photos of other airsoft gear and some airsofters. 

However, as I had a problem with my dodgy knee on the way and was on painkillers all weekend plus the drinks were flowing from each afternoon, then perhaps the missing photos were only in my imagination!  (If they turn up I'll post up)

https://m.facebook.com/pg/Anidiotwithacamera/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1355505404559332&ref=page_internal

For the Battle Royale games themselves, we sent players into the kill house unarmed.  Mostly into seperate entrances but there were some games in which we sent all in one door so they had a mad scramble.  Players had to find weapons and try to survive, the last one standing was the victor.

Assorted weapons were mixed with paintball guns:

Tippmann TipX pistols, a Hammer 7 pump action, a short CQB Tippmann X7 (3" barrel and folded stock) 

and specials:

Rubber frying pan, catapault and paintballs, plastic sword, tennis ball gun

Any mixture could be there, and with us restricting the amount of paintballs with any weapon a fast moving player would find the specials most effective  (unlimited melee weapon etc)

A good time was had by all - and especially for us running it and watching how people reacted

Archived