Double Tap Designs 3D printed Holster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I ordered one of these yesterday :

https://www.socomtactical.net/dtd-glock-retention-holster-black-rh

I thought i'd mention it as the service from SOCOM was pretty spot on, it arrived in less that 24hrs.  Secondly Joe from DTD via their facebook page has been immense for customer engagement.

Difficult to explain, the Marui glock fits perfectly but the ASG ACP frame is a little chunky around the trigger guard so it wont fit in the holster out of the box, a little filing on the holster will sort it out.  Discussed this with Joe on FB and hes going to amend the design for APS frames, likely sell a separate part, but hes going to send me out a replacement part so i can use it with both my TM and APS....

...just worth a mention as he seemed like an awesome chap, passionate about his product (which is awesome by the way) and gave me really good customer service!

Airsoft retailers, be awesome, be like Joe! :-)

Have one for my MK23, absolutely weird bloody things and takes a while to get used to but my they are good. A little pricey for a holster and takes some getting used to when drawing and putting away (actully can be a f***ker to holster if in a rush or under fire) but I wouldnt be without mine now, especially as I can leave the silencer, torch and red dot on.

Also ordered there top and bottom rail adapter for the MK23 too, the bottom rail is faar too tight, shall need to file it down slightly (if I ever get the torch off again hahah) but another great bit of kit. Makes my MK23 look amazing!

I'm a big fan of 3D printing!  Mines all squared away now, it actually filed down really easily, its finished off my belt rig nicely..... especially as i can put my torch/laser on the front!  

I've been using a warrior systems retention holster for ages, which has been great, but no torch with that one.

• Supporters

I've got two mk23 holsters from them as well. In fact that iks the only holster I ise that isn't a Safariland. Joe was also able to get me a prototype tan holster for me when I was last in the UK, and he sent along a bottom rail (which is slightly loose, but not so much that it is a problem (guess we have different batches @Albiscuit?). I have also sent him a Safariland QLS mount so that he can make a new mount that will enable more mounting options. 

That was the appeal to me, still being able to have stuff mounted. Costs a bit more than a normal holster but a normal holster wouldnt work. No idea how much a kydex one would have been, but about the same if not more, plus it easier to draw now with the DTD printed one than a holster if the silencer is attached. Otherwise I have to lift my elbow above my head :) 

• 4 months later...

This is probably one of the greatest holsters made! Bought one a month ago, can take a fair bit of abuse too, Took a slide on it in dirt (still got hit<_<) and i thought "thats destroyed now" the gun did fall out as it twisted the part that carries the gun on the plate that holds clips to attach to a belt/molle and cracked it along the plastic where the bolt that holds it all together. Strip and clean-down then a bit of super glue has put it back right.

I had thought that it could do with being made stronger in that area, on reflection though it held up pretty well. Only real niggle with it, because the gun is exposed it did take a huge bite out of the earth and jammed up with dirt (though being chucked out probably saved it from a worse fate) Also as Albiscuit pointed out if the clip that locks your gun in place "slips out" it can be frustrating popping the gun back on. This has twice happened so it's rare.

That feeling of quickly whipping it out is Amazing;) and seriously recommend this to anyone else with a MK23

1 hour ago, Tormen7ed said:

This is probably one of the greatest holsters made! Bought one a month ago, can take a fair bit of abuse too, Took a slide on it in dirt (still got hit<_<) and i thought "thats destroyed now" the gun did fall out as it twisted the part that carries the gun on the plate that holds clips to attach to a belt/molle and cracked it along the plastic where the bolt that holds it all together. Strip and clean-down then a bit of super glue has put it back right.

I had thought that it could do with being made stronger in that area, on reflection though it held up pretty well. Only real niggle with it, because the gun is exposed it did take a huge bite out of the earth and jammed up with dirt (though being chucked out probably saved it from a worse fate) Also as Albiscuit pointed out if the clip that locks your gun in place "slips out" it can be frustrating popping the gun back on. This has twice happened so it's rare.

That feeling of quickly whipping it out is Amazing;) and seriously recommend this to anyone else with a MK23

People have been arrested for less :P 

Archived