Which fuse EU to UK adapter should I get to charge my battery

Indica2017
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, got my first new AEG gun and like it, cybergun cqb M4. I bought a 13amp EU to UK adapter as it came with a EU 2 pin charger. I charged it for 3-4 hours and its done the job. I just hope I am ok to use the 13A fuse or should i use one with a lower fuse.? 

• Supporters

uhm - 13amp is really for kettles and crap

It will be ok but a tad too high fuse for just a 3 to 5 amp psu

Ye ol' PC power leads often came with a 13amp fuse when really they should come with a 5amp fuse

the 2in1 or 3in1 UK plug adapters come with 13amp which is fine if the actual device has the correct fuse in its own plug

If you haven't got a fused plug on a USA or EU plug then the US/EU adapter perhaps should drop to a 5amp

Not trying to $hit you up, but 13amp is for kettles, toasters, bar heaters etc...

Most other stuff - even your STFU TV will have a 5amp fuse in most likely

Table lamps 3amp

It will be ok to use provided you monitor it closely

which you should always do anyway - not charge the thing & go out

soz for post but just pointing out the fuse is a bit high imho for a charger

Thanks mate, I know exactly what you mean about what type of items take which fuses going on their power output. I can buy lower amp adapters from the same place pretty cheap. What would you suggest mate? 

From my understanding if something went wrong it wouldn't be the fuse it would be the actual appliance or battery trying to receive more electric than it should (acting a bit abnormal).

• Supporters

It will be fine as it is but if there is a cartridge fuse see if that can be changed

or

wtf - cut the EU plug off and fit a UK plug with a 5amp fuse

Oh soz - we stopped doing this yonks ago than teach stuff like that in ye olde science classes

As long as you are aware of ratings n stuff then apply common sense if nothing else

• Supporters

Have you got an ampmeter?  

Do you know how to use it properly? If you can test the amps the charger is pulling on load multiply this by 2.5 and that's roughly what fuse size you need. If it's a balance charger, something nearer 5a will do, but if it's only a smart charger you may require the 13A.

• Supporters

Like I say to be completely accurate you need to know how many amps it is drawing when charging, from there you can calculate the fuse size required. I'd say the 13A is suffice unless you wanna go into detail.

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Like I say to be completely accurate you need to know how many amps it is drawing when charging, from there you can calculate the fuse size required. I'd say the 13A is suffice unless you wanna go into detail.

Cheers mate I get you dude, I may as well just stay with 13A.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

A 13A fuse in something like a charger is pointless.  Might as well just solder a nail into the plug. 

Ive never seen a charger for Airsoft or RC batteries that'll easily exceed 5A. 

That. 

Look at the underside of the charger and see what current it is rated to. Pick the fuse appropriate to that. 

Archived