Keymod systems and rails

Caz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i am going to get the Krytac MK2 Trident CRB and i want to trick it out. So i will be putting rail systems onto the key mod system. My question is does this make the rails stick out more then guns that already come with them. Or is it more or less flush. I want to be able to put things on the side without them sticking out to much. Or i may use rail covers in the future. I am completely new to airsoft rifles and upgrading them.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Caz said:

So i am going to get the Krytac MK2 Trident CRB and i want to trick it out. So i will be putting rail systems onto the key mod system. My question is does this make the rails stick out more then guns that already come with them. Or is it more or less flush. I want to be able to put things on the side without them sticking out to much. Or i may use rail covers in the future. I am completely new to airsoft rifles and upgrading them.

Work out what you want to mount on the rails and see if you can get key mod versions of them. If so they can then mount directly to the handguard instead of having to add rails.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Compared to a standard old-school 1913 railed handguard (which I'm pretty sure is the real question here) a KeyMod handguard with pic rail segments attached will be around the same overall external diameter, but that is taking an average because old style quad rails could vary quite a lot from brand to brand and model to model.  However your KeyMod rail will 'look' fat by modern standards and because the areas with the rail attached will be comparatively a lot thicker then the rest of the handguard that's just plain KeyMod.

If you want to mount a laser or something along those lines which can only screw on to picatinny 20mm rail then just mount it on the 12 o/clock rail that's already there.  Otherwise, as above, get KeyMod specific accessories.  I believe Krytac KeyMod is cut to real spec so you'll want accessories from either real companies or PTS ideally.  I don't know how well airsoft spec accessories attach to real spec handguards, no personal experience.

Archived