Hi i not played yet

Benji1996
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm Ben 

I've just got interested in airsoft by watching novritch and swamp sniper and a few others on you tube.

Is there anything that I need to do when I get round to starting?

What's the beat way to start?  

How hard is it to get a ukara ?

How friendly is everyone ?

And what the atmosphere like before the game starts and after it finishes ?

• Supporters

Hi and welcome.

Very friendly except if you want to start with a sniper rifle. :P

Here on the forum there are a few stickies for beginners, read them through, they will have the answers to all your questions.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :). Many of us began as solo players but the hobby is inclusive, we all like to talk about our guns and gear, and you should soon find yourself chatting to other players in the safe zone. This forum has been great for meeting fellow members and playing at different sites. The sooner you go the sooner you will get the airsoft bug.

As @Samurai suggests, read all our pinned (sticky) topics in each section, lots of very useful advice there.  The forum search tool is your friend when looking for information, it has a 3 character minimum length search.

Watching Novrich makes you think it's easy. But there's hundred of hours of editing goes on there. Starting out as a sniper is not as straight forward. Get some CQB under your belt. For me nothing beats sneaky in the dark and a round at close quarters ;)

Every game I've been to there's always a high class of friendly people there. Easy to get to talk with because mainly they've played alone and are there to make friends... and shoot them of course ;)

UKARA is easy. It's time based. Just join a local site, play 3 times over 56 days or more and you're set.

Best way to start - turn up with nothing more than a "here to have fun" attitude, rent a gun and get stuck in. After your first game if it's for you, buy eye protection and a face mask, anything else is a bonus, like a rifle sling, knee pads, gloves and sturdy boots with ankle support. Don't get hung up on camo and styles. Go functional first.

As ever, number one rule "Take your hits."

• Supporters

Best thing to do is turn up to your local site and try it, people are usually friendly to newcomers. When you plan on attending, you could post a message here saying "going X on Sunday, will anyone else be there?" And that way you know there will be someone there to talk to who's friendlyish, just avoid some of the crazy ones.

If this still doesn't put your mind at rest, go to your local airsoft shop and talk to the staff/players in there and ask all those questions that are playing on your mind.

I will always recommend renting until you get your UKARA and you know what class you want to be, during this stage you can learn the costs and time involved in getting the gear you want!

Hope this helps.

• Moderators

Welcome 

as above really, read the stickies, use the search, then if in doubt ask

dont be afraid to go on your own, I was and only started 2 years ago...wish I had done it a lot sooner!!

people are generally friendly so don't be afraid to ask in game as well :)

Archived