Lens protector

Benje
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Last noobie question. I'm after a lens protector for my WE 882 sight but I prefer the look with quick release mount on but now I have to get a lens protector mounted on a RIS rail instead of on the Holo sight it's self but don't have an awful alot of room on the rail.

IMG_20170717_132851607.jpg

• Supporters

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Lozart said:

How about one like this http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/acm-eotech-lens-protector-transparent.htm#.WWzGQojyuMo that clips over the lens itself?

If this is the one i think it is, plastic, with 3 prongs?....work wont let me view site!!!, its the better option. i cut the two side arms off and left only the top one as you need to unscrew the case for it to slot in anyway, it didnt screw back as well as i wanted and played havoc with the switches so now just fixes with top and never had any issues with it falling out

can show you a pic when i next get it out of loft....

• Supporters

Yes, plastic with the three prongs.

Think it's gonna be the 3 prong one got more space on the rail then, also I hate my iron sights wheres the best place to get ones that actually look like the M4 iron sights struggling to the front sight.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Benje said:

Think it's gonna be the 3 prong one got more space on the rail then, also I hate my iron sights wheres the best place to get ones that actually look like the M4 iron sights struggling to the front sight.

If you're after the traditional triangular front sight then you're out of luck, it fits onto the barrel as it exists the handguard and you have a suppressor that covers this part of the barrel.

As for rear sights, I'd stick with a flip up sight but maybe change them out for a different style like the MBUS types? You don't have a lot of rail space behind that EoTech to fit much else I'm afraid. Maybe try changing to a shorter red dot like the 553 or XPS?

I'm still playing with the eotech on the rail, I'm gonna swap the hand guard for something a bit better. Basically I'm trying to do a sopmod style M4 without the acog still gotta sort out the grip and barrel. Makes me laugh im doing all this to a CYMA until I get my nuprol honey badger then this is getting sent for an upgrade of the internals. 

Archived