Bayonet Lug Vz. 58

Jayjay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hoping for a little wisdom for someone.

I've been searching the web trying to figure out if I can get some sort of attachment that would allow me to mount a rail to my Vz. 58s Bayonet lug. 

VZ-58-L-3L.jpg

I can find a few real steel items for near $100 but nothing for airsoft? I've looked at M4 Bayonet Lug rails which I found in abundance but im not sure they'd fit.

Any ideas?

I've tried using a barrel clamp mount but it looks ugly and because I have the stubby version it doesn't actually sit right due to there not being enough outer barrel to clamp it too without the front sight getting in the way.

Thanks

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Jayjay said:

Nope. That doesn't fit on the compact variant.

Gotcha, try this lot then http://www.zahal.org/groups/flashlights-laser mounts-vz-58

Specifically, this one: http://www.zahal.org/products/flashlight-byonet-mount-for-sa-vz-58-cz-858?path_parent=261159

• Supporters

To be honest, I reckon you would be alright looking at the obligatory Strike Back shots here: http://discovermilitary.com/weapons/strike-back-season-4-csa-sa-vz-58-compact/

They appear to have attached a standard bayonet lug flashlight mount to the one in the show so...

• Supporters

Or maybe even mount a barrel clamp behind the gas tube: outdoorhub-czech-vz-58-rifle-kalashnikov

I haven't really considered looking for different barrel clamps that might fit.. good shout!

As for the flashlight attachment, that's the only one I could find also but its very expensive.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Jayjay said:

I haven't really considered looking for different barrel clamps that might fit.. good shout!

As for the flashlight attachment, that's the only one I could find also but its very expensive.

Unfortunately once you move away from M4/AK variants then the airsoft bolt ons tend to dry up and you're left with mostly real steel parts which are accordingly priced. If you can get your hands on an M4 lug torch clamp it might just be worth trying it out to see if it fits anyway! Looking at the Strike Back shots that clamp looks a bit bodged on as it is!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the help Lozart.

I managed to after many many hours remove the front sight which has opened a whole load of options for barrel clamps and the tactical handguard that ares sell for the full size Vz. 58 which 'SHOULD' fit on the short version now that I've removed the front sight.

Archived