Source Kangaroo 1L bad taste

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fill it with Vodka, after 1/2 a pint you wont notice the taste anymore :P 

Best thing with hydration pouches is you can fill them with as much pina colada as you like. Perfect for a sneaky summer skirmish.

On 18/07/2017 at 2:49 PM, Nicky blue eyes said:

My god I'm shocked at this terrible advice....... pina colada will currdle in hot weather. Use mojito instead so you can keep that minty fresh taste all day longB)

I approve this message

On a slightly more seriouse note when my dad takes his water tank camping he usually fills it and drops a couple of denture cleaners in it before use. Just leave the fill cap of for a while because the fiz. Leave it for 24 hours and clean out with fresh water. He has used this on every new bottle or drinking container for the last 30 years.  Also if you don't use it for a while you can do it again so 1) the water tastes ok and 2) the sterident should kill most of  the bacteria if there is any.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Maybe soak it in some Milton sterilising liquid? Like you do for baby bottles?

Just use a tiny amount though otherwise it could taste like bleach for a while.

I did ask the shop uk tactical and they said they never had this problem before with that item.

But said return for another one and see how it is so that's what I'm doing right now.

Thanks.

Archived