Best place online to buy batteries, ammo etc?

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Finally going to RIFT for my 2nd game after a year(life getting in the way of plans!) I need some batteries and BB's but don't wanna break the bank.

Can anyone recommend best and cheapest place online to buy these? 

Hi mate, for BB's you you check out 'the draft club' i have tested a lot of brands of BB's over the years , and i must say the draft club BB's are easily one of the best ive ever used, i will be using these all the time from now on.. They are not the cheapest BB's but not expensive either, but with BB's you do get what you pay for, I cant fault the quality, consistency and accuracy on these BB's plus the people at the draft club are a pleasure to deal with too.. plus you get perks with them..

https://thedraftclub.co.uk/

As for batteries, have a good look on ebay, in many cases its hard to beat their prices..

Happy Shooting.

ATB, Marc.. :)

• Supporters

Batteries from hobby King in my opinion, good prices to be found there. 

For BBs, depends on the size and brand you want to use, I have used ASG .2blasters that I get for 49.99 for 12 bottles, any thing bigger gets more expensive. 

I have heard great things about Geoffs BBs, but am yet to try them myself. 

What at size are you after? For what gun?

I've got a G&G TR4-18 and an LCT AK104 that I need spare batteries and BB's for. Ive never skirmished them so want 2 batteries for each just in case!

Looking for 0.25 BB I reckon but I don't know wots best for them

1 minute ago, Prisce said:

Batteries from hobby King in my opinion, good prices to be found there. 

For BBs, depends on the size and brand you want to use, I have used ASG .2blasters that I get for 49.99 for 12 bottles, any thing bigger gets more expensive. 

I have heard great things about Geoffs BBs, but am yet to try them myself. 

What at size are you after? For what gun?

No Problem Ibo7, if you choose a brand you should be fine on ebay..

To second Prisce says about Geoffs BB's they are great BB's, super highly polished and a solid BB with no internal bubble or pits, and do not swell over time either like some other brands do, i have been using them for well over 1 year now, they are/was my go to BB's over any others, the .20g and 0.25g etc are not bad priced, the 0.36g are very expensive but are outstanding quality, easily one of the best brands of BB's on the market..

BUT i got told about the draft club BB's and i was super impressed with quality soon as i started testing them and they are better priced then geoffs too and maybe even in quality also, my tests and time will tell on that one.. I am in the middle of testing the draft club BB's and i do have a very strong feeling they will now be the BB's i stick with.. i will be doing a review video on them on my youtube channel in a few weeks once i have finished testing them in all my guns and used my 3000 rounds..

ATB, Marc...

• Supporters

So for the batteries, I'd presume you'd want to use some lipos, presumedly 7.4V unless you have a MOSFET installed in one of your guns. I have heard that the turnigy 7.4v from hobby King are good quality and last well, and I believe many members from here buy from HK.

I use nuprol 7.4V, just because they are designed for airsoft and my shop sold them to me at the beginning when I first started.

Patrol base sell a box of 12 .25g BBs(36000 bbs) for £69.90. I don't think this is bad, and they last a while. Geoffs are £9 for 3000. I don't know how much the draft club ones are.

I've got an 8.4v nimh nunchuck for the G&G and a 7.4 lipo stick for the LCT, probably get another lipo for each just to cover myself. I just wanted to keep costs down as it's my first time going with my own gear and don't want anything going wrong!

• Supporters

component-shop all day for batteries and the like.  BBs.. whichever shop you're already buying something else from, long as they're not absolute turd mega-cheapo they all work fine.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Component shop gets my vote for batteries too.

And BBs you have loads of choice really.

As long as they aren't bulldogs :rolleyes:

I saw three guys at the mall last Sunday, with really high end kit but using bulldog .20s.

S'like putting Sainsburys Basic Gravy on your Wagyu steak!

+1 for Component shop, and Overlander for batteries too.

Nuprol stick lipos aren't great quality. Their 1400mah 7.4V buffer tube sticks actually only manage 1000mah of discharge before the voltage sags. I've got four and they're all the same. The Turnigy sticks are much better.

ASG 0.25 Blasters and 0.28 Devils are reasonably priced and seem the be consistent and work well.

The guys with expensive guns buying the cheap site 0.2g ammo make me laugh. They get really upset when you tag them with a beat up hire gun running 0.25g. I've been accused of cheating before because they just can't work out why their £600 gun (and you know how much it cost because they've told everyone in earshot) is getting out shot by a JG G36 that's held together with duct tape! :D

Archived