Everything I touch, breaks.

LewisUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Everything i touch breaks or goes wrong.

My first rifle, Krytac MK2 PDW - Trigger issues first time use, repaired and it happened again, fixed again.. waiting to break again.

Pistol, WE XDM - Lost takedown lever spring, BB jamming, Internal Hammer pin bent. - Currently working condition.

Mags, Pistol and rifle - PTS EPM Mag- broken spring. WE XDM Mag - Leaking like a bitch, will not seal with silcon oil or gel, stained my vest as it leaked inside a pouch.

Gloves - Pair of gloves stolen

Flashlight - Got shot first time I used it

Holster - Pistol didn't fit in holster, had to have custom cut

Speed Loader(s) - Both speedloaders jammed and then the spring no longer worked. (Currently need to buy a new one.)

Mask - Straps on my mask snapped.

Phone Case - Got shot nearly instantly and broke, luckily saved my phone.

The only things that haven't broken yet are my goggles and the clothes i wear on my body.

I go airsoft probably once a month, i store things safely in a cupboard and draws, i do not store mags loaded or guns connected to battery, I do everything i can to keep them secure and safe, I buy new so everything is in a spotless condition..

..Yet they still break.

Every time I go airsofting SOMETHING goes wrong or breaks. 

Is this normal or do I just have the worst luck in the world?

/rant.

Well at least your luck has held up with your eye pro...all the other stuff breaking is pretty unlucky but repairable/replaceable! 

I've not had such a string of disasters as what you described but guns breaking down is inevitable and tbh its part of what keeps me interested. Tinkering, tuning or repairing stuff when I can't play.

1 hour ago, Ninjacabbage said:

Well at least your luck has held up with your eye pro...all the other stuff breaking is pretty unlucky but repairable/replaceable! 

I've not had such a string of disasters as what you described but guns breaking down is inevitable and tbh its part of what keeps me interested. Tinkering, tuning or repairing stuff when I can't play.

Yea I understand things will break down, I just dont expect stuff to break as soon as I take it out of the box and into the field.. Or for it to last 2-3 games before taking a flop.

My eyepro is good old revision desert locust, so if they break (and ive been shot in the face plenty of times, I play CQB and worst thing thats happened is a bb slipped into my goggle underneath) then im definitely going to question if im being punished by a higher power :lol:

6 minutes ago, M_P said:

I think everyone has a breaking phase at some point, I had a period a few years ago where everything I touched from guns to gear would somehow seize to the function

Its been like it for 7 months now :( When will it end... My friend who got both a full wood/metal AK AND l96 for £50 (second hand) and bought majority of his kit from surplus stores has had no issues the whole time, yet I go for patrol base, military 1st, pro airsoft supplies, all expensive places and buy brand new, and it's cursed!

I feel your pain. Despite my glib comment earlier I've been there. In my case it's always stuff I've lent to someone else. "Come airsofting with me. I'll lend you a gun." Then you get back to the safe zone at lunch time to find they've been sat there for the last two hours because the gun you lent them lasted a whole half a magazine before it died. There have been occasions I've felt so guilty about letting my mates down that I've paid for their day. And this is why Airsoft is an expensive hobby....

• Supporters

Hahah, this topic made me chuckle. I'm on the same page as you Lewis, I'm the unlucky one who breaks something. I started buying second hand stuff and teaching myself how to fix it because buying new was getting expensive. Since then I have had no breakdowns, touch wood, no issues, and regularly lend guns to other people in your situation! 

My advice, chin up, expect it to go wrong and then when it doesn't, smile. ( it helps I bring a bag full of little spares and tools just incase).

• Moderators

ive had issues, so your not the only one :) 

last week mag catch took off and mag fell out mid fight....other guy just stopped shooting and laughed!....was a comical moment but was annoying, lukcily towards end so i went home before the rush

Ive had batteries, brand new run out 5mins after use in a laser / torch!

Mags jamming, usually my 180 mid caps

bbs not feeding occasionally

New ASG locked on semi as i was about to shoot someone sneaking around....had to wait fo him to walk off, switch to auto then got him on his return....

boot split

my brother goes 'cheaper' and seems to have less issues that me, so i know what you mean

sure there is more as well...!!

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I have a rule where if I've saved up for ages and finally managed to buy the one thing I've wanted for ages, it's guaranteed to break or go wrong. Every time. 

On 7/14/2017 at 9:01 PM, LewisUK said:

Everything i touch breaks or goes wrong.

You need an Airsoft caddy!!

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

You need an Airsoft caddy!!

Hey, that is my copyright ;) 

I had a group exercise that was worth 10 credits at university. We had one shot, and had to time ourselves to 10 minutes to complete it. I set the timer on my iPhone for 10 minutes at the start, and then we set to it.

We couldn't figure it out, the phone went off, and we failed. In my fury, I grabbed the phone and THREW IT ON THE GROOOUUNNDDDD. Smashed.

Then MY phone started going off on the other side of the room. My classmate Kane stared at me with the most hate anyone had ever shot at me. And I realised what I'd just done.

Other than that, my ultimate "everything I touch breaks" story is that my nan wanted me to go to her flat to put up some ikea shelves. I dropped the drill getting out of the car and broke it.

Oh and when I was a little kiddie, I loved starting the car engine. Unfortunately one time, my dad had left my nan's car in 1st gear, right in front of the garage. I turned the key and the car lunged forward through the garage doors, my legs dangling out the side, before it stalled and stopped.

Not entirely unlike the 3rd time I failed my driving test - on a hill start, I put the gearstick one point too far to the left and ended up putting it in reverse instead of 1st, then (after my instructor had said "be generous with the accelerator, then ease up gently on the clutch"), went zooming backwards down the hill at what was probably a record 0-60 for the model.
(Okay, 0-20, but still).

• Supporters

I imagine I would have this problem, but I have a much more pressing issue - Ill use a gun for a game, and then either upgrade it completely (nothing can break if I replace it anyway!), or get a new gun and never use the old one again :D

I only use Tokyo Marui so I don't know what 'broken' means, sorry... "bro--ken", hmm, interesting word. :P

Archived