Propane in the UK

Atkay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm looking into stocking up on propane rather than using green gas. It seems however, the forum favorite of Colemans propane still seems expensive (£12.99 from go outdoors). Has anyone had any experience with Rothenberger propane? It holds a little less than Colemans and costs around £10. Has anyone found any cheaper places to find Colemans? I hear a lot that the prices of Colemans has gone up recently.

Rothenburger is great, only used it for plumbing however, not for airsoft ;) 

Hello,, I have been using green gas for years, and to be honest I was going to just stick to that mainly only having pistols, but when I got my scar l a few weeks ago and used nearly a full can of green gas in 2 hours lol I thought I need to try pure propane.. 

Luckily have a family full of plumbers I got my nephew to give me a few cans of Rothenberger propane, as Albiscuit says it's a good quality propane always worked well in my blowtorch too,(nice blue flame)

but yeah I started using it in the rifle last week and it worked fine, tried it in my hi-capa too, personally and I could be wrong but it's going to be as good as colmans as I'm pretty sure it's the same grade, but is in smaller canisters.. It's too stinky to use in the house though my wife thought there was a gas leak, outdoor or skirmishing it's fine though.. I'm very lucky and I can get mine free, I'll still use airsoft green gas too but on those days I know I will use too much gas I'll use Rothenberger pure propane..

ATB, Marc

• Supporters

Whilst GBBRs are great and whilst Propane is readily available personally i find using HPA far more economical, £10 at most (normally cheaper) to fill a 12ltr 300Bar scuba tank, i fill it up once every 6 months or there about. Not to mention that HPA is far more consistant than Green Gas or Propane as there is no pressure drop.

Only downside is that the initial outlay cost is expensive, a scuba tank will set you back about £175, HPA tank around £40 for a cheap 48/3000 tank, regulator and line around £140 and of course the taps for each mag. But once setup the running costs are cheap and if you already have a polarstar system then you're laughing (i run HPA only so its good for me).

Also alot of people dont like having the line running from the tank to the gun, but then again people dont mind having a sling attached to the gun so i see it as the same thing.

iv just used up my rothenberger propane, lasted ages , the only thing that caught me out is the weight of the cylinder , its quite deceptive on how much gas is actually remaining... use it , wont be disapointed

Archived