Storm Tactical Copthorne (West Sussex)

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Obviously they don't think they are not returning. I personally can't wait to get back, got a few more people interested in joining us now as well.

image.jpeg

Guest PT247

Yeah, have had a message from them and they are puzzled as to why Gareth told me they aren't going to be back. Have told them I'll forward them the convo I had with him.

• Supporters

I did think that. As far as we knew they were going to be doing more and more there. I actually have a team willing to come with us next time so will be more members!

Guest PT247

From the horses mouth: "Hi Peter. Many thanks for the information. It is correct we won't be returning to Driver Wood. If I may set the record straight on behalf of Storm Tactical the following are facts of public record. The site is owned by Steck Depositors a company based in Sussex. I have met and had dealings with the landlords. Gareth Homewood is a new tenant at the site. Effectively an agreement was made for us to take on a sub let with permission of the landlords. However, Mr Homewood was obstructive from day one, wouldn't afford us proper access to the site and refused to sign a contract. The comments he made to you about the site prep and netting are untruths. He refused to move the netting and as mentioned would not allow us proper access. Due to the above and the fact that Mr Homewood is operating outside permitted hours, living on site, disposing of commercial waste in an improper manner and contravening permitted local authority use for the site we felt that we had no option but to distance ourselves from Driver Wood and any connection to Urban Paintball UK of which Mr Homewood is an agent. We will be speaking to the appropriate authorities and the landlords about the matter. On a more positive note many thanks for your honest review and your attendance on the day. We have today met with a landowner and are in discussions around a very interesting and unusual site on the Herts/Essex borders which is actually more convenient for us. Kind regards Russ @ Storm Tactical"

It sounds like the Paintball chap Gareth Homewood has delusions of grandeur and someone needs to tell him to wind it in, he has played a mahoosive part in damaging Storm Tactical's rep and has meddled in a very creepy and odd way, I don't get his agenda and find his actions very worrying, I think he possibly has issues and could maybe do with some professional help.

This is sad to me as although there were definitely issues with the gameplay, they could have been ironed out and the site could have worked to become a nice alternative to Dogtag.

Hm, he did appear quite friendly though when we had a chat with him after game day. Guess initial perceptions can always be wrong.

Now for the guessings :D What's on the Herts / Essex border? Dragon's Lair? AWA Herts? Tech Brigade?

That said I do remember something coming up about old nuclear bunker / Kelvedon Hatch, so could be Dragon's Lair?

• Supporters

Thanks for that PT, great to clear it up.  That's unfortunate for them, but the new site will be easier for me also :D. If you hear any more, keep us posted? And I believe this will be a totally new site, as they tried to do before. I tried helping them find a site by asking a couple of the local land owners, but the only few who had the right sort of land have public footpaths crossing through so would be inappropriate. The landowners were actually all really up for it, it was be type of land that let it down.  

I'd presume Bishops Stortford, so AWA may be a possibility, although they play regularly there already and I don't think they can add any more game days without getting planning permission. 

There are a lot of potential sites around this area!

• Supporters

Mmkay.

I hope they find a good site. The marshals were good, they just need a good site to run and it should be some proper airsofting. Herts/essex border is a bit better for me. It took me 1:15 to go to Driver Wood but 2:30 to get back in the afternoon due traffic.

Thanks for the info @PT247

• Supporters

You were the bastard behind those barrels! You shot me about 8 times in that video, I was the one who tried pistol rushing you.. Didn't even know where you were.

• Supporters

I didn't get a choice, the marshals had chosen the teams, would have liked to have played with you guys, think it would have been fun.

I shot you all a few times, never enough though.:/

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

I didn't get a choice, the marshals had chosen the teams, would have liked to have played with you guys, think it would have been fun.

I shot you all a few times, never enough though.:/

I was originally listed as being on Red team but I asked the marshals to change team.

I think you shot me more than most.

I hope they move over to Essex/Herts area, would be nice to have another site to be able to visit. Still havent done Dragons Lair though... 

Edit: Saying that didnt even realize that TechBrigade existed and its very very close to me

Guest PT247
8 hours ago, Prisce said:

You were the bastard behind those barrels! You shot me about 8 times in that video, I was the one who tried pistol rushing you.. Didn't even know where you were.

Haha, it was such a good position,  the fencing was frustrating again as although it often shows in the video it is magnified 7 x but in reality it often was invisible to the eye.

I really enjoyed this game and the trenches area was nicely laid out. I don't think I'd want to have attacked it though! :D

• Supporters

Yeah it was good fun, I did shoot you a lot Jedi, I got Pt a couple of times, that .46 out of nowhere ;).  

I only got to stand in/near the trenches once, and that was that game. Your right, it was difficult to attack, and probably easier to defend from, it was a numbers game to be honest. 

Hopefully ill  get to see you guys at another outdoor site before long, may even come down to dogtag if I can get the weekend free.

As the reds constantly tried to get to your position, most of them failed to look to their right coming past the set of nettings, where three of us were standing pretty much in the open also tagging a bunch :D

The only reason I had to leave that good spot was because I ran out of BBs, and had to go back to safe zone to refill :(

Archived