Blue Two Tones?

Spaztoid1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As shown in the UKARA FAQ post here are stated the accepted bright colours, yet I see some UK airsoft sites which sell two tones in blue. Does blue count as an acceptable colour for an airsoft gun to count as a IF? (Sorry if I'm missing something here just confused on what makes a airsoft gun a IF)

Is a red tipped, or camo painted gun legal to import as an IF?

No to class as an IF a gun must be 51% government approved bright colour or clear see through plastic.

Accepted bright colours are:

- Bright red

- Bright orange

- Bright yellow

- Bright green

- Bright pink

- Bright purple

• Head Moderator

Bright blue is included.  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-violent-crime-reduction-act-2006-commencement-no-3-order-2007-firearms-measures

A search on the word "blue" in the UK Law section will bring up old topics about or covering this, i.e.

1 hour ago, Spaztoid1 said:

As shown in the UKARA FAQ post here are stated the accepted bright colours, yet I see some UK airsoft sites which sell two tones in blue. Does blue count as an acceptable colour for an airsoft gun to count as a IF? (Sorry if I'm missing something here just confused on what makes a airsoft gun a IF)

Is a red tipped, or camo painted gun legal to import as an IF?

No to class as an IF a gun must be 51% government approved bright colour or clear see through plastic.

Accepted bright colours are:

- Bright red

- Bright orange

- Bright yellow

- Bright green

- Bright pink

- Bright purple

Often retailers circumvent the bright requirement by using reflective non matt finish dark blues, I personally think it's wrong, but no one cares, paintball retailers don't even use two-tone and deactivated firearm dealers use paint which just peels right off as if it was never there.

13 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Often retailers circumvent the bright requirement by using reflective non matt finish dark blues, I personally think it's wrong, but no one cares, paintball retailers don't even use two-tone and deactivated firearm dealers use paint which just peels right off as if it was never there.

Actually RAP4UK sold paintball 2 tones for a while alongside their own membership scheme for non 2 tone

Others buried their heads in the sand for years before going through the UKPSF to the Home Office with the proliferation of realistic magfed.

Currently paintball sits on a statement from the Home Office that paintballs 'frangible'* defence will classify paintball as an unlicencee airweapon under firearms legislation and therefore neither an IF nor a RIF - but also with an advisory that players should become members of recognised schemes such as UKPSF player membership or MagFed groups just in case something went to court and the judge applied the VCRA for paintball

* frangible for paintball has also been subject to new testing on a type of projectile

There are only 2 legal projectiles for UK paintball - the paintball and the shaped 'first strike'

Anything else such as shaped 'one2one' which was imported for a short while, rubber reballs which still get used, and new designs which are cropping up around the world are unapproved and untested, therefore if used in the UK from a paintball gun would make it treated as a firearm and very illegal if caught, no matter what the colour scheme 

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Actually RAP4UK sold paintball 2 tones for a while alongside their own membership scheme for non 2 tone

Others buried their heads in the sand for years before going through the UKPSF to the Home Office with the proliferation of realistic magfed.

Currently paintball sits on a statement from the Home Office that paintballs 'frangible'* defence will classify paintball as an unlicencee airweapon under firearms legislation and therefore neither an IF nor a RIF - but also with an advisory that players should become members of recognised schemes such as UKPSF player membership or MagFed groups just in case something went to court and the judge applied the VCRA for paintball

* frangible for paintball has also been subject to new testing on a type of projectile

There are only 2 legal projectiles for UK paintball - the paintball and the shaped 'first strike'

Anything else such as shaped 'one2one' which was imported for a short while, rubber reballs which still get used, and new designs which are cropping up around the world are unapproved and untested, therefore if used in the UK from a paintball gun would make it treated as a firearm and very illegal if caught, no matter what the colour scheme 

So what you're saying is that what I said is correct.

Archived