Patrol Base

Sam_G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got some mags and a sling from them prefer Monday evening and had the kit Wednesday, all tracked they even send text messages asking if there's a safe place to leave the delivery of I'm out.

1st class service, I'll be using them again

Ordered to ares mid caps and got a free patch too, bought a stubby silencer and both parcels I got an email with an hour time frame for delivery. Real nice touch as I'm out a lot and miss a lot of packages first time round.

• Moderators

hi guys

slightly away from a first newbie post but, having taken many years....eeer 2001 I think to get to a site, reading forums though, drooling over the online stores and putting it off, getting FFZ emails etc, finally off on sat to Urbanassault (RAF Upwood, brothers stag do if anyone here will be there??). As I know deep down it wont be my last game I thought id buy a few basics from them for the day....and future, placed order on Monday, should be here Wednesday all going well, took a while to answer phone but excellent service so far....roll on the next few games so I can spend some cash without the wife knowing with them!......ok off to oldnewbie area

• 3 weeks later...

Yep no problems with these guys and will definitely use again, especially after ordering then phoning up quite a bit later to order more goodies and they made sure it all came out next day and as stated threw in a free PB patch which was nice of them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered a Lipo a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the initial confirmation email I have neither heard nor received anything. Sent them an email a few days ago and still no reply. This is feeling like a repeat of my dealings with shoot and scoot.

• Supporters

Ordered a Lipo a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the initial confirmation email I have neither heard nor received anything. Sent them an email a few days ago and still no reply. This is feeling like a repeat of my dealings with shoot and scoot.

Phone them they are usually very helpful. Probably just an oversight.

• 2 weeks later...

Another typical patrol base experience. Great service, great communication, website letting them down:

I ordered a killflash to act as a protector for my new 4x32 optic. When it came it seemed rather flimsy. So a test shot confirmed that it wouldn't even come close to stopping a BB.

One email sent on a Friday night, and I got a reply on Monday morning, with a full refund. No fuss or drama. On top of that. I was also offered free delivery on my next order.

Now I've come to place my order, I picked a hydration bladder, sorted the delivery out. Within an hour I was phoned by someone at PB letting me know that they didn't actually have any in stock, but more were being ordered, and mine would be dispatched on Monday or Tuesday (2 or 3 working days after placing the order)

Not bad service at all. Just a shame the website has a few niggles and you can't filter items by what a in stock

• Head Moderator

What made you think the killflash would stop a BB? Did they say that on the page?

I was of the same impression that a kill flash would act as a shield for the lens but i am not sure where I read that. maybe it has to be a real steel / metal one and not a cheap china clone?

• Root Admin

You're quite right in the case that they claim it would protect your lens in any way - I was curious so I checked and they do indeed state it offers protection: http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/acm-ta31-type-acog-kill-flash-black.htm#.VfGK9sOD7-U so it's right that a refund was issued.

The best shield will always be a thin layer of well cut perspex. Killflashes limit the amount of light entering your scope anyway and reduce - however slightly - the quality of the image you're getting. They're obviously primarily there to limit scope glint and also reduce glare from the sun getting to your eye.

You guys were right about the killflash, I have seen some that are tough enough to protect the lens, but I guess they're a rarity

UPDATE:

Once again. They got in touch (this is about 3 hours after originally placing the order) to let me know that their supplier can't get hold of the product I was after after all, and the guy on the end of the phone was apologetic and prepared to offer a refund. It's a shame they couldn't get hold of what I wanted, but shot happens. At least dealing with the guys along the way was pleasurable and if anything, I feel more confident placing another order in future knowing that these guys give the best level of customer service you can expect

• 1 month later...

Ordered from PB several times, decent service on all occasions. Not a had any reason to put their customer support to the test.

• Moderators

I ordered from these guys at about 20 past 12 in the morning, by 3 o'clock same afternoon it was dispatched an by 10 o'clock the next day it had arrived, didnt even pay for next day delivery, id order from them again

yeah ive had that happen twice!....even with another online store :)

makes you feel good and wanna buy more!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

useless!!!

phoned up this morning to confirm stock of a gun and asked them to reserve it for me

drove a 140mile round trip only to be told "sorry we just sold it"

very very poor customer service

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.