Brand new LiPo battery issue?

AnotherOopsie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Last week a friend changed my Krytac MK2 SPR from Tamiya to Deans, and the batteries along with it.

All of them worked fine, but after losing a battery at a weekend game, I ordered a Deans battery, 

(It is a 7.4v 1300mAh 25C LiPo Crane Stock Battery - Deans), which arrived yesterday.

However, after opening it, I inserted the battery and checked to see if there was any power at all in it and there was none.

So I put it into the battery and still, nothing at all.

Being relatively new to airsoft (a year or so) I don't have much knowledge or experience with batteries and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on what to do?

New lipo batteries should always be supplied with a 'maintenance charge' on them. If the voltage is allowed to drop too low it'll kill the cells. It sounds like yours was DOA. Contact the supplier and ask them to resolve the issue.

• Head Moderator

Good reason to buy a good quality balance charger to keep your LiPo battery(s) healthy. Would recommend a genuine iMax B6.

Archived