Full face mask modification

Ironpriest
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I did a forum search and couldn't seem to find anything about this, please excuse if this is a repost... I could easily imagine that it is though...

Well the airsoft range that i will be starting to play regularly at has a full face mask policy for all game types, even their large milsim games. My problem is that i can't look down my acog type scope without pressing the plastic cheek protectors well into my head because of my stock. (LMT M4A1 with tele-stock). I am guessing that others have had this problem and I want to see if any of you have any solutions?

Is there such thing as an offset scope/sighting system or maybe a scope raiser so I don't have to head butt my AEG to aim. Has anyone tried modding their face mask ie. cutting some of the cheek protector off? ... though the club could consider it not eligible for use as if wouldn't be a *full* face mask anymore...

If anyone has any pictures of a solution can you give them a post?

Thanks!

Ironpriest

• AF-UK Founding Member

You can get raisers to lift your scope up a bit but they don't look that great.

Couple of sites I've been to just say you don't need to use the sights/scope because you can see where the BB's are going anyways. It's true to a point but still frustrating that you can't do it properly.

i guess you first plan should be to ask people at your site.. the people who run it would be best to ask for advice... as they will be able to tell you what they would accept.

if not as devastator said you can get raisers to lift up your scope :)

• Supporters

horrible things are full face :P i found if you angle to weapon you can see down the sight better, its only used for spotting anyway as there useless in airsoft :) if not get a carry handle rail mount for the M4 and your sorted.

Using the bb's A's tracers works, but it's a little too "Rambo" and doesn't feel as good... I guess the club will have some ideas... I didnt think of that.

What I've got on it can't really be called a scope really it hasn't got any magnification. it just projects a small red/green crosshair, so I play with both eyes open and I just have the sight melted into my vision. I might give a raiser/handle adapter a try... I did a little image search and it does look a little dodgey though

i have my red dot sight on a slightly raised ring on my g36c and i dont think it looks to shabby... mind you we did try it on my mates SR16 and admitedly it did look a litte strange....

tho if you can get over that its a practical easy solution to your problem.....

i would still ask your site see what the sugest... after all there oppinions count more than ours as you play there :)

Archived