Best "thinner" wire for Gearbox rewire

ballen
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Just wondered if someone could help me - I have today, re-wired my SR-25 and adding my own Auto-braking MOSFET, I used 16AWG silicon wire which although I though was probably the best I could get I soon realised that I cannot get my motor into the grip housing (the wires are simply too chunky).

The current internals of the gun seemed to be wired with much thinner probably Teflon coated wire?

Can anyone tell me what a good trade-off size (14AWG?) and maybe where I could get some of the thinner (teflon?) coated wire/what I should be searching for so that I can re-wire it again thus ensuring I can keep my existing M4 style grip?

Thanks in advance,

Bobby

14awg is heavier than 16awg. 18awg is too thin for performance builds.

https://www.rapidonline.com/alpha-wire-6716-bk005-eco-wire-16awg-black-30-5m-reel-01-5198

That's what comes with most decent Mosfets. It's not as flexible as the silicone insulated wire, but it's a lot skinnier.

A Firestorm mosfet comes with the cable attached and costs less than a 30m roll of the Alpha Wire. Just sayin'...

Thanks Hangtight - your reply is much appreciated! - Just ordered myself a reel of it :)

Kind regards,

Bobby

Archived