best £400 guns for fps / rof and accuracy or upgrades

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

All,

I have searched the forum but it still leaves my pondering the following:

My m4 shoots pretty well for stock at 335fps, it's starting to have minor issues after a few years use so i'm looking to treat myself to a new gun like the kyrtac's but find that they will need slight upgrades to push up the FPS to uk site limits. As i just want a gun that shoots straight  with fps and rof. do i spend on the budget for a new gun or just upgrade the gearbox (lone) and hop unit (r-hop) ect.  Also what is the best quick change spring gearbox out there for price.

All positive thoughts appreciated .

The only thing you'd want to do to a Krytac is perhaps change the spring to get you a touch closer to the UK field limits.

Most V2 gearboxes with quick change springs will still need the gearbox pulling out of the receiver, so in that respect they're all much of a muchness.

If the gun is running at 1J (328fps with 0.2g BBs) for CQB, it doesn't make any real difference having an extra 20fps for playing woodland. Just use heavier ammo.

Also take a look at G&P products. I've been inside a couple and I'm really impressed with the quality of the stock internal components. VFC are also highly regarded.

If you just want to buy it and skirmish it, Krytac or VFC. if you're thinking of a few upgrades then one of the less expensive G&Ps, perhaps motor and gears, Mosfet and a decent hop rubber.

I'm in the same predicament at the moment and was decided on the krytac but while looking and researching them I found lots of pictures and comments about the lower receiver snapping at the rear body pin, not just hair line cracks but full on snapped so I've now gone back to vfc avalon, from reviews I've seen there just as good internally and better externals than the krytac but the krytac has a better hop up. 

which model did you go for as the ones i've seen are too hot for uk, saber & calibre. How are you finding it?

Not got it yet (wish I did lol) going to go look at some at the weekend, I like the saber cqb. They've got a quick change spring so won't be too much hassle putting a weaker spring in

Archived