Maintenance gas not firing all BB's in a magazine.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

I used my TM Strike Warrior pistol at it's first Airsoft Skirmish last night. For some reason the shop sold me Abbey 144A Maintenance gas instead of the standard Abbey 144A Green Label. I could get about 23Rounds of out the 28Round Mag. It was quite a humid indoor session. 

If I get the typical Abbey 144A Green label, will I be able fire out the full mag before needing to refill? Does the extra silicon lesson the capacity in the mag? 

Would I need to use Green gas instead? (Though I thought it's the same density as the 144A which would make it kick harder, but would it actually fire more shots?) This particular 1911 has a Detonics slide, so I would rather not ruin the slide through using more powerful gas as they are difficult to get hold of!

Cheers!

I wouldn't use maintenance gas to fire more than a BB's before dumping the rest of it out and putting something with a bit more oomph back in,   Abbey green and red gas are piss weak when compared to the equivalent coloured Nuprol gases.  i just use maintenance gas to gas the mags in storage so the seals dont dry out and leak.

Abbey green is the equivalent to the old duster gas cans from days of old (i started airsofting back at the turn of the last century),  Abbey red is equivalent to Nuprol green.  

If you have a totally plastic gun like a TM then Nuprol green should be ok, but any more powerful and you risk it breaking the slide.

I understand I could probably use something a bit better. Though it is a predominantly plastic gun. But will a more powerful gas result in more shots? Or just more FPS?

Archived