Best slim line flashlight?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a flashlight for the side of my Scar, ideally i want it to look slim line but still be really bright & strobe would be a nice extra but not a necessity.

I found this: http://shop.specwarfare.com/night-evolution-neforce-weapon-mounted-led-light
And i just wanted to check if there is a light out there that could be better?

Cheers

• Supporters

I've got no experience with the one you've linked but I have a couple of these on various guns. 

They're pretty cheap, but simple and haven't broken or killed and batteries after at least a year of use. Most of the torches I've had (admittedly generally cheaper stuff) have eaten batteries when I've forgotten to remove them, these have happily kept them going haha

No strobe function but come with both an on/off switch and a pressure pad so you can go with your preference 

I use this on both my P226 and my M4. It's bright as hell, has a continuous / strobe toggle option, and blinds people for a few seconds even in daylight. Fantastic decoy too - there are no wires attached and it's a quick release system to just slide off the end of the rail without any fastening screws, so it's quick to take off and place on the floor in a doorway opposite to where I am to set an ambush.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SyndeRay-Tactical-Flashlight-Handgun-Activities/dp/B00YLV2NR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498402942&sr=8-1&keywords=synderay

It's an aluminium frame so it feels tougher than some of the plastic ones out there, takes a single 123 battery and I've had mine for about 6 months now and the only thing that's gone wrong is I lost the rubber button cap off the side. They thought about that, because it came with a spare.

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I've had mine for about 6 months now and the only thing that's gone wrong is I lost the rubber button cap off the side. They thought about that, because it came with a spare.

I have a couple of these which I have used for years, they are cheap and cheerful (bought mine from eBay). I have fitted a 3mm perspex disc in front of the lens because my lenses keep getting shot out.

19 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I use a fenix pd35, Length: 5.5″ (139mm) Width: 1″ (24mm), the company make handy filter attachments to keep it BB safe too. It's not a spotlight though, it's certainly more of a floodlight.

+1 for any Fenix torch - I've used 2 or 3 different Fenix models, all unbelievable for the money! 

On 6/25/2017 at 6:40 PM, Jedi_Master said:

I have a couple of these which I have used for years, they are cheap and cheerful (bought mine from eBay). I have fitted a 3mm perspex disc in front of the lens because my lenses keep getting shot out.

How did you cut the disc?

Makes me wish I was still at school with the DT room open all hours - acrylic sheets, belt sanders, bandsaws and pillar drills available 24/7. I was teacher's pet (has its advantages - I could go in and do whatever the hell i liked whenever I wanted).

Oh to be young...

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

How did you cut the disc?

I purchased five 2mm Acrylic/Perspex Discs from eBay, they are precut to different diameters and thickness.  I found that 3mm too thick, 2mm works better and if a disc gets shot out I simply replace it with another.

Link to the ones I ordered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2mm-Acrylic-Perspex-Discs-ALL-SIZES-Extruded-or-Cast-FREE-CUSTOM-SIZES-/172286952510?var=&hash=item281d1a443e:m:m_HBQQq_FZ75HrVBQE6NGjA

• Head Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mushingtons said:

Just ordered the same torch, what size disks did you order?

I ordered  a custom size of 22mm diameter which was slightly small but good enough, and better than being a millimetre too large.  2mm thick, not as robust as 3mm, but easier to screw the cap on.

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2017 at 6:38 AM, M_P said:

I've got no experience with the one you've linked but I have a couple of these on various guns. 

They're pretty cheap, but simple and haven't broken or killed and batteries after at least a year of use. Most of the torched I've had (admittedly generally cheaper stuff) have eaten batteries when I've forgotten to remove them, these have happily kept them going haha

No still be function but come with both an on/off switch and a pressure pad so you can go with your preference 

Does this flashlight come with strobe mode?

• Supporters
15 hours ago, BenBurnside said:

Does this flashlight come with strobe mode?

no it's got a pressure pad on/off switch and a clickable permanent on/off swith.

I've got a few lights with strobe functions but rarely ever use it- i wouldn't let that sway your choice unless you know it's something you'll use a lot 

22 hours ago, M_P said:

no it's got a pressure pad on/off switch and a clickable permanent on/off swith.

I've got a few lights with strobe functions but rarely ever use it- i wouldn't let that sway your choice unless you know it's something you'll use a lot 

Okay thanks mate 

I use a element m3x on an offset mount on my systema and its low profile and doesnt get in the way when transitioning between shoulders. Plus its pretty bright too

On 6/25/2017 at 4:03 PM, AshOnSnow said:

I use this on both my P226 and my M4. It's bright as hell, has a continuous / strobe toggle option, and blinds people for a few seconds even in daylight. Fantastic decoy too - there are no wires attached and it's a quick release system to just slide off the end of the rail without any fastening screws, so it's quick to take off and place on the floor in a doorway opposite to where I am to set an ambush.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SyndeRay-Tactical-Flashlight-Handgun-Activities/dp/B00YLV2NR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498402942&sr=8-1&keywords=synderay

It's an aluminium frame so it feels tougher than some of the plastic ones out there, takes a single 123 battery and I've had mine for about 6 months now and the only thing that's gone wrong is I lost the rubber button cap off the side. They thought about that, because it came with a spare.

Just ordered two... :)

If they are rubbish you owe me 30 quid :P

FYI, I don't play anymore, I use it for dog walking at night. And I've dropped it on the kitchen tile floor a couple of times. And the dog had a chew at it once as well. And it still works just fine.

Just don't leave it on for too long - it's not a "permanent" flashlight - it can get pretty hot if you leave it on for more than 10 minutes at a time. But for airsoft, I doubt that's a problem as it's mainly a "flash to blind" light I used when entering buildings and such like.

If you got them on amazon, you can always return it if it breaks before it should :) That's something I like about amazon - no fuss returns when things go wrong.

Archived