Airsoft PODcast

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Airsoft Podcast  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you listen to an Airsoft podcast?

• Yes, Great Idea
    • No, Not something I could listen to
    • Maybe, Depending on what's going on in the episode

Hey everyone - 

I am thinking to start an Airsoft Podcast - I know there are a couple on iTunes etc now, but I couldnt listen to them for too long due to certain reasons on each one, as I am sure there would be on mine if I started one.

However, I would like some feedback, ideas, constructive criticism and for you to vote in the Poll.  

SO the questions I have for yourself;

Would you listen to an Airsoft Podcast?

What would you listen for? I.e News, Interviews, Humor, Reviews etc

How often would you prefer them to be relased? I.e Monthly, Fortnightly, Weekly

How long should they be? 30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hrs etc

Hope this all makes sense, far too hot to even think right now 

I think there would have to be a fair bit of humour to it because sometimes you can take any activity too seriously. And lets face it at the heart of it we're all adults arseing around with toy guns. Having said that i would like to hear about new gear and events or even different styles of air soft. :)

51 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

I think there would have to be a fair bit of humour to it because sometimes you can take any activity too seriously. And lets face it at the heart of it we're all adults arseing around with toy guns. Having said that i would like to hear about new gear and events or even different styles of air soft. :)

Thanks for the above.

Interesting to see some poll votes already with a No, but no feedback as to why... Bad idea, nothing something to listen to because? 

• Supporters

Just my personal opinion, I don't listen to podcasts, so it would be a no for me.

I think it could be quite successful, I know a lot of people are the opposite of me and enjoy listening to podcasts. 

• Head Moderator

I am a definate no.  I do not listen to any podcasts (although I do use BBC iradio to catch up), dislike social media and blogs, only use this forum, and would not subscribe to YouTube channels.

I prefer watching straight reviews of airsoft sites or kit. I want to know good and bad points, in clear English, well filmed and edited video without lots of music.

3 hours ago, Prisce said:

Just my personal opinion, I don't listen to podcasts, so it would be a no for me.

I think it could be quite successful, I know a lot of people are the opposite of me and enjoy listening to podcasts. 

This is me..

I like the concept and know podcasts are popular with a younger audience but not something I would personally listen to.

Wish you luck though..

• Root Admin

Love podcasts but for them to work you need a truly diverse subject with a lot to talk about. Airsoft just can't really offer that in any way I can see.

I think there's already one that I tried out on Soundcloud and it was really quite boring.

Edit

Found it:

1 minute ago, proffrink said:

Love podcasts but for them to work you need a truly diverse subject with a lot to talk about. Airsoft just can't really offer that in any way I can see.

I think there's already one that I tried out on Soundcloud and it was really quite boring.

Yes there are a couple out there, I'm not going to talk badly about other people but I couldn't listen for too long. 

I have some some ideas on how I think I can make it something to listen to but I wanted a community feedback first

Guest PT247
6 hours ago, proffrink said:

Edit

Found it:

Click bait annoyance.... 1hour of when are they going to talk about the subject title? Matt The Musketeer is an overly aggressive player so I was drawn in but am not gonna wait an hour to find the answer to possibly be wrong or bias etc. Pod casts are harder to skim read than youtube... 

Or short videos of you chatting etc, and use the audio for a podcast too... Wider reach and appeal. Visual for the video heads (I am more likely to watch/listen to a video for info than a podcast) and a podcast for those who like to listen directly or playing them in the background etc...

32 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Or short videos of you chatting etc, and use the audio for a podcast too... Wider reach and appeal. Visual for the video heads (I am more likely to watch/listen to a video for info than a podcast) and a podcast for those who like to listen directly or playing them in the background etc...

That is my idea, although as I said it is harder. For example, I can put photos up or certain things I am talking about as I probably wont get access to new stuff as I am noob. 

Whereas in the PODcast its a lot harder to explain it. All food for thought though.

I'm not sure why. I think it's just because I wrote it once the devil inside me tells me to write it like that

i can do this

POD

POd

Podc

nope, can't do it. PODcast

48 minutes ago, Robert James said:

That is my idea, although as I said it is harder. For example, I can put photos up or certain things I am talking about as I probably wont get access to new stuff as I am noob. 

Whereas in the PODcast its a lot harder to explain it. All food for thought though.

Well the more you do and the more you try the more experience you will gain and then work out for yourself if its working, worth carrying on or worth expanding into.

nothing ventured nothing gained!! 

Archived